Intake Question. TFS R Box for a 347 SC Engine???

Manewaymja2

Feb 11, 2009
Like heading...Just wondering what you guys think of a 347 SBF SC engine red line at 7000 rpm with a cam in the 600 int/exh with Brodix T1 heads would benifit from a TFS R Intake box over a GT40 lower and a Cartech uper box? Would this be the box of choice? Its a race motor.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Not a little bit more "a **** ton more", no comparison at all. I like the idea of a Edelbrock Super Victor Spyder set-up personally, save you some money as well.

I was also gonna say super victor. The TFS R lower becomes a limiting factor at higher RPMs

Didn't you tell me that Dan Rawls said the ports in the Box R are actually too long to support "high" RPM? It makes sense, the ports on a "spider" like the Super Vic are only a few inches long, but the Box R's are actually pretty long for what it is.

Didn't you tell me that Dan Rawls said the ports in the Box R are actually too long to support "high" RPM? It makes sense, the ports on a "spider" like the Super Vic are only a few inches long, but the Box R's are actually pretty long for what it is.

He said its the lower intake that is the restriction. Basically said the box upper wasnt really worth more than the regular R because the restriction was the lower. I might end up buying a super victor with a direct injection nitrous kit and a 4150 style throttle body(if the price is decent) from a guy i met at the track when i ran true street. He is taking the tags off the car and my engine builder is doing a 400+ inch motor with some pretty serious nascar take off heads on it :D

Yes but we are talking 6300 shift point - 7000 rpm Redline so would you guys say that the Vic would be better over the TFS Box?????

The box R will work, but i think the super vic will make more power.