Intake runner length ?

JJ95GTID

Sep 22, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Okay, the TFS and Eddy's intakes use a runner length of approximately 7" for the idle-5500rpm range. And, for 1500-6500rpm they use a runner length of about 5".

So, if you were to add an 1" spacer to the PP intake (Eddy RPM knockoff) kit offered by Blueoval would it make it more streetable????

I ask this because as mentioned on another thread you can get a 70mm TB, elbow adaptor, and intake for $500 satin or $600 fully polished. Try doing that with the Eddy or TFS setup and you are couple hundred $ more. Yes, I know the quality is not up to par but for the money I am definately considering it. And, I have looked, used stuff is not as easy to come by.

• Sponsors (?)

wytstang said:
It will give some lowend back but the question you have to ask is...will you have enough hood clearance to make the 1'' spacer work. I have no idea but maybe someone can answer it.

Probably not. I didn't even bother with my 1" spacer as everyone I talked to said it most likely would not fit. Although I didn't actually try, so I could be wrong.

JJ95GTID said:
Okay, the TFS and Eddy's intakes use a runner length of approximately 7" for the idle-5500rpm range. And, for 1500-6500rpm they use a runner length of about 5".

So, if you were to add an 1" spacer to the PP intake (Eddy RPM knockoff) kit offered by Blueoval would it make it more streetable????

I ask this because as mentioned on another thread you can get a 70mm TB, elbow adaptor, and intake for $500 satin or $600 fully polished. Try doing that with the Eddy or TFS setup and you are couple hundred $ more. Yes, I know the quality is not up to par but for the money I am definately considering it. And, I have looked, used stuff is not as easy to come by.

If you run lt's with that intake you won't suffer as much on the low end cause the lt's help to prop it up.

Look at my combo and some of the others like WhiteDevil's combo who run the RPM with lt's. There are others if you search them out and look at their dyno pulls.

Later
Grady

Also, isn't the RPM actually taller than the regular Edelbrock Performer? As it is I cut a square out of my hood blanket to keep it from rubbing on the Edelbrock, and mine was not the RPM... I think a 1" spacer wouldn't fit.

Rootus said:
Also, isn't the RPM actually taller than the regular Edelbrock Performer? As it is I cut a square out of my hood blanket to keep it from rubbing on the Edelbrock, and mine was not the RPM... I think a 1" spacer wouldn't fit.

Well Dave

I don't know if the RPM is taller but as for mine, the front just barely touches the hood blanket on my GT.

I'd have agree with you about the 1" spacer not working.

Later
Grady