Intake Swamp ?

hey guys,

i am looking for some advise. I am working on putting a 2000 explorer long block in my mustang. i am about the put the lower intake back on and then the motor will be ready to drop in the car.

i have been doing some research and since the explorer motor is a later model i will need to do some mods to fit the act sendor, block cooland lines and do some things with the EGR(im still researching this:)) for the lower intake to work.

my questin is, is it worth all the work to put the explorer intakon with the gt40p heads or can i just put my stock mustang upper and lower back in? When the car was stock, it was plenty fast for me so i don't really care that much about the power gain. i just use the car on the weekends to cruise around with the t tops off.

so far with this coversion, i put new trick flow springs on, a b cam, 1.7 roller rockers(those were already on my original mustang motor when i bought it) and i have gt40p headers.

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

Drill and tap new fittings for the return coolant line and the act. As far as the Egr goes either eliminate it or trade to someone with an Egr provisioned unit. You can use the stock intake but you really won't notice the difference in your heads without the explorer intake.