Intake Warranty

bgs66

Oct 28, 2003
Jax.,FL
I have a 97 GT conv. and a leaking intake manifold, cracked by the thermostat housing. I thought I was going to have to spend $500 for a new and "improved" version but i found there's a recall on these plastic ones. I'm getting it fixed for free due to a recall. It's probably old news to some of you but time almost ran out for me, only 7 years from when car was made to get fixed. When i called for price from Ford parts dept. they didn't volunteer that its a recall issue. Maybe info for recall not in front of parts guy. Anyway I'm glad I found out about recall.

• Sponsors (?)

AZZKCKR98 said:
98 s werent. My local dealership did an 80/20 thing with me when I did mine.

I didnt know if they updated the recall or not. I went round and round with Ford customer service back when mine was replaced. They never gave me a stright answer on why the 98GT's were not part of the recall. They did tell me to hold on to all my paper work. Who knows Ford might send me a check :rlaugh:

Sorry, I figured the '98s were included since they are similar but the page i pulled up was for 97 only. Try ALLDATA.COM I hope you can get yours replaced. Its sucks that they didn't make it right the first time but at least, in my case, they did make it right.