Intercooled KB supercharger q

NewbStang

May 31, 2003
I posted this in another threa but no answer

I got a quick question...hope this doesnt sound stupid but how does an intercooler work on a twin screw that comes with them manifold...like on a centrifugal the aftercooler is after the charger before the tb...how does this work on a manifold/twin screw charger?

• Sponsors (?)

the intercooler is mounted inbetween the supercharger and the manifold. it used fluid, antifreeze or pure water, that circulates from the intercooler to a heat dissapater mounted on the front of the vehicle usually low in front of the radiator.

cool thnx...also I always though the use of an intercooler alows you to run more boost safely..now would an intercooler for lets say a 6-8 psi application be much useful?

NewbStang said:
I posted this in another threa but no answer

I got a quick question...hope this doesnt sound stupid but how does an intercooler work on a twin screw that comes with them manifold...like on a centrifugal the aftercooler is after the charger before the tb...how does this work on a manifold/twin screw charger?

Hope this picture helps explain it a little better.

03intercoolerlightning1.jpg

USMC03GT said:
Is that supposed to be split down the middle or is that a demo intake? :shrug:

No not at all. I'm working on a setup that required cutting a 5.4L intake. This was prior to welding. FWIW - the 03 setup doesn't work, it's too big. I used a custom Spearco.