Intercooler Install Pic's

• Sponsors (?)

I didnt get an intercooler that enters and exits on the same side because I orginally planned to mount the turbo on the drivers side... oh well, it'll work out in the end.

I know I need to put the bumper back on eventhough its sheet metal and foam... Still illegal to run without one though so I've been taking the back streets to work the past few days.

Tried starting my car up last night, but it would jump to 2000rpm then die... I was tired so I left it like that. Today I tried it again and got it to somewhat idle and it was only pulling 5psi of vacuum so I guess I'll have to search for a leak today when I get home from work.

Nope just the pipe :)

UPDATE!!!

I LOVE BOOST!!! haha I took my intake off, cleaned all the surfaces, made sure everything was TIGHT and fired up the car and it didnt want to idle at first, but after that it did fine. Shut the hood (kinda) took it out for a spin, once the turbo kicked in around 3300rpm it shot from 0psi to 10psi instantly and my car was sliding sideways. The power this car puts out now is amazing! I did that from a 2nd and 3rd gear roll and BOTH just blew the tires away, I couldnt shift fast enough to keep up with the car... Good thing I set the rev limiter to 6200rpm :) Hopefully I'll have videos soon. But right now the car is running pig rich, which is better than lean. Dont know how I lived without a turbo :banana:

Here is the finished product... Dont mind the blue bucket... Its my coolant catch pan

The car looks mean from a distance where you can actually see the intercooler :cool:

intercooler04.jpg

intercooler05.jpg

WOW. It must feal great to almost be done. I can't wait until I have a turbo. They are just simply amazing. Not only do I not have a turbo, my car isn't running right now. The weather has finally been awesome and my car decides to be a POS.

not running good anymore :notnice: :notnice: I didnt touch the car from after I took it out for that drive, then the next day when I got in it, it ran like complete ****, backfires and pops while just driving down the road. I dont know what happened... I'm also getting blowby.. Smoke is coming out from my dipstick and valve cover breather. Looks like that new engine isnt too far away :lol: If its not one thing its another :rolleyes: