Intercooler time!

• Sponsors (?)

yes.. as it E85 out of the pump which is some straight junk gas mixed in... or a home brew E85 mixed with something like c16 or some other high test race gas

yes.. as it E85 out of the pump which is some straight junk gas mixed in... or a home brew E85 mixed with something like c16 or some other high test race gas

Im speaking strictly for california, we do work all the way from el centro to lower oregon. When we pull samples its sad how far off fuel is here. Even 76's 100 octane from sparse stations tests as low as 96 some times.

Im speaking strictly for california, we do work all the way from el centro to lower oregon. When we pull samples its sad how far off fuel is here. Even 76's 100 octane from sparse stations tests as low as 96 some times.

more to e85 then the octane which im sure you know...

I know pump gasoline is also inconsistent, but when you are using e85, you are using it as a substiute for race fuel and jacking up the timing in alot of cases, which is why its more important that it is consistent. This is not a new school of thought when it comes to e85.

more to e85 then the octane which im sure you know...
Of course, my post was in agreement to yours and Jeff's
I know pump gasoline is also inconsistent, but when you are using e85, you are using it as a substiute for race fuel and jacking up the timing in alot of cases, which is why its more important that it is consistent. This is not a new school of thought when it comes to e85.

thats why i made my post. You should see the **** some of the fuel stations do after we calibrate, like just dumping a few hundred gallons of transmission fluid ito the diesel cause "it wont hurt it, its almost the same"

I was mearly agreeing with both of you.

E85 i would think is a bit more forgiving then say its counterpart 110 unleaded in a FI car. E85 is going to help cool the air charge temp over straight 110 unleaded.

The intercooler is to small for the application. Inlet/outlet to small and it should be physically a little larger. Your car should be capable of over 1000a horsepowerzz and that thing is gonna choke it.

SAM_0153.jpg

Made some progress. I still like the Precision intercooler, I have gotten great reviews from others using it.

Attachments

• SAM_0153.jpg
    SAM_0153.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 37
These guys are owners of shops that have built cars making more power than mine ever will. All of them said the Precision unit is more than enough and the the in/out is not a problem.

Greg Banish went so far as to recommend smaller inlet piping for faster spool and transient time.

One of the shops built a LSx motor touching 4 digit power levels with this intercooler ( bigger turbo than mine )

These guys are owners of shops that have built cars making more power than mine ever will. All of them said the Precision unit is more than enough and the the in/out is not a problem.

Greg Banish went so far as to recommend smaller inlet piping for faster spool and transient time.

One of the shops built a LSx motor touching 4 digit power levels with this intercooler ( bigger turbo than mine )

How big of a motor? I am just finding it had to believe that is the best option for you.