Interest in a simpler KarKraft functional hood scoop?

• Sponsors (?)

And a metal box for under the scoop to keep it from flexing and be the actual intake...and one that fits the 35th Anni. scoops lower profile. Still wonder whether the Mach 1 under hood setup would go flush with the hood when it's closed. That could be the internals, then just the outside mod and hood mod would be needed.

something like this could be fabricated in a weekend, then reinforce the top scoop?

This design would work with my F&N FIPK but I don't know what the factory boxes look like.

scoop2.jpg

can you use the stock hood with the cdc kit from American Muscle? i love the looks but NO WAY if id have to buy another hood as well.

Yea, the CDC kit has you cut a hole into your existing hood.

Back for me, that would have meant cutting a hole in a brand new hood, and I just couldn't bring myself to do that. So I ended up buying a slightly-used Mach 1 hood, in just the right factory color, and going with the KarKraft kit.

I added a factory scoop to my hood of the '00 GT Vert. Left the front open so I could think about the opening to the underside and make it functional. All was well for the first couple weeks with normal driving. Then I did a run past the 100 mark. No problems noticed. The next long trip of 2 hours at 75-80 mph w/headwinds caused the hood scoop to split just above the little strip that has the mounting bolts in it. By the time I got to a place to remove the scoop, it had split half way back on both sides. Got it home and reinstalled the front honey comb. It would most likely be no problem if you keep the front support in place and use an open screen for the front. I do like the idea of a functional scoop.