Interior/exterior color combos

I have a 1966 coupe, standard all black interior.

Currently it is being disassembled to head to the body shop for paint.

Plans are to paint it red with white stripes, similar to this:

View attachment 309977

I would like, while I am at it, to brighten the interior by changing/adding Red (or Dark Red/Maroon) OR White OR two tone Red and White.

I am planning at some time, maybe not immediately but soon, to change over to the sport seats which are available in two tone patterns. I need new door panels, so it may be a good time to switch over to deluxe (pony) door panels (or not). I do like this combination, however, I would like to see it with the rest of the interior:
SEM2004110223161_pv.jpg

The Red/Carbon fiber may also be an option, but it may still be too dark :shrug:

I need new carpet.

Dash pad is NOT in dire need of replacement.

Headliner is.

Visors are ok, but the chrome needs replacing.

Front kick panels need replacing.

Console seems to be in good shape, may replace the top as the chrome is a bit pitted.

I plan on upgrading to the wood pony steering wheel in the future.

I prefer the black camera case finish over the woodgrain for the instruments and glovebox, although I could be convinced otherwise if I need to carry the woodgrain throughout.

Problems I am having:

What colors do I paint the dash, pillars, interior quarter panels and doors?

What can I leave black permanently (if anything) and what will need to be changed out? What colors? How did the factory do it?

Can you use the pony pistol grip door handle with the standard interior panel?
This also has woodgrain on it, correct?

Can you use the standard handle with the pony door panel?

How close do the different components (red or white) match each other? Which is best to get in order to pick the paint color (dash pad, seats, door panels, headliner)?

:shrug:

Bottom line, the interior may be a work in progress for a while, but I want to get the paint right and have a plan to move forward.

Any pictures and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)