Interior Fire Wall.

IMACHU2

Apr 14, 2006
I have a 78 Mach 1 (hatchback of-course). My car has a Competition engineering 6 point roll cage in it. My fuel cell is in the hatch also. I need to construct an NHRA legal "fire wall" between the fuel cell and the passenger compartment. Does anyone have pictures of their set-up?? I need insperation:D

• Sponsors (?)

IMACHU2 said:
I have a 78 Mach 1 (hatchback of-course). My car has a Competition engineering 6 point roll cage in it. My fuel cell is in the hatch also. I need to construct an NHRA legal "fire wall" between the fuel cell and the passenger compartment. Does anyone have pictures of their set-up?? I need insperation:D

Most of the NHRA legal MII's I've seen don't have an actual full firewall, but a cover that goes over the cell itself. Made out of the NHRA spec aluminum, and on hinges so you can lift it up to access the cell underneath. That's how I've seen them.

A bulkhead would likely be safer, but you would have to be a sheetmetal engineer! Try to build a balk-head around two angled roll cage struts, strange shaped wheel housings, a 10lb nitrous bottle and a big-ass rear window. :D

Then try to make it look presentable!