Interior Light

Stus99GT

Nov 14, 2003
VA
My stupid interior light won't turn off, and it is bugging the crap out of me. I can't figure out if it the aftermarket alarm system that is keeping the light on, or if it is the door sensor thing not working right. It would help if I could find where the sensor or whatever is in the door that turns the light off when you close the door! Any help would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

I know this is a dumb question to ask, but did you check to see if the knob that controls your interior lights is turned all the way off? I only ask because it happened to me once. I had to turn the knob just a little bit harder to get the light to switch off...I was afraid to twist it too hard b/c a fear of breaking it but it turned out that that was all I had to do.

MT1083 said:
I know this is a dumb question to ask, but did you check to see if the knob that controls your interior lights is turned all the way off? I only ask because it happened to me once. I had to turn the knob just a little bit harder to get the light to switch off...I was afraid to twist it too hard b/c a fear of breaking it but it turned out that that was all I had to do.

Yeah, I tried that and it didn't work :bang:

probably the aftermarket alarm system. The door switches that cut it on are in the door latch inside the end of the door and are APITA to get in and out. There is a GEM module that also controls the lights. :nice:

I had the exact same problem a couple years ago on my 99' GT. I disconnected the battery, and when I reconnected it the next day, I no longer had that problem. Something must have reset, as I've never had that happen since.

Well, I figured unhooking the battery might work so I tried that. That reset the alarm (which hadn't been working right) and took care of the light problem. Thanks for all your help :flag:

Excellent. :D

Yeah, I'll never forget the night it happened to me. I was going insane opening and slamming doors trying to get the light to shut off. I kept triple checking the knob, making sure everything was turned off and closed, and even the automatic 15 min. battery-saver thing wouldn't work. What a strange problem...and a simple fix!