INterior paint...

808Gt

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
Hawaii
I wanted to know if I could use the interior dye to dye my carpet... its opel gray but wanted it black.....

Im gonna buy a carpet later but for now since i have it out of the car for cleaning thought i should just paint it....

So can it be done, how much cans do I need 1 or 2??

• Sponsors (?)

NO!!!!

do not paint your carpet. first of all it will cost roughly the same amount of money in paint as a brand new carpet would to make urs look decent. second if u paint it, it will turn out all "crispy" and with people putting there feet all over something like that u dont want it rubbing all the paint off...

save up and get a carpet from 50resto for 100 bucks

cool, I dont have $ as of now but will save up for a new one.... i was thinking of the mass back or the set with the hatch carpet to!! is it worth the money to just get the mass back one then the regular set.. any benifets to the mass back over the regular ones!! you think a two tone interior would look good...

black carpet, black/gray seats.....

One can, and buy some black carpet floormats for $30-40. Paint only where the mats dont go and not under the seats etc... I think it would work, you shouldnt have to worry about it weating off as people shouldnt have their feet anywhere but the mats.

And when you buy new carpet you still have the nice new black mats!

WOW thats extremely impressive...

If it held up good thats a feat. I think Ive been through close to 9 cans, only doing the plastic and door panels (have leather seats, carpet and such). Definately looks good when done right though as yours is a testiment too!