Interior paint

Ucplayer22

Dec 11, 2011
I am changing the exterior color of my 95 gt convertible to sapphire blue metallic. It has the saddle interior and I am looking to change it to black. I got a quote from a local company to do the work and it was a lot more than I want to spend on it. I was thinking of trying the paint made by SEM on the leather seats to try to change them over to black to save money. I am curious if anyone has attempted this and has an opinion of how well this paint will work on the seats. Thank you everyone for your help

• Sponsors (?)

It will look good until the first time you sit in them.

I'd just keep an eye out on your local Craigslist for somebody selling a set of decent used ones. In my area, they show up fairly regularly, or you could even use later seats if you wanted to. They bolt right in.

Yeah...I guess reviews do not always tell the whole story on things like that. Quote I got from the local place was like $1500 to reupholster the current seats. Does this sound high to you? Trying to find ways to minimize costs in the project

What makes the SN95 seats so expensive to redo is that the foam is sprayed into the seat cover, so it is basically bonded to it. You can't just replace the cover like you can on the Fox cars. $1500 probably isn't too crazy when you consider that is new skins, foam and quite a bit of labor.

Here in the Seattle area, I pretty routinely see decent to nice front leather seats from 94+ cars for $250-400.

Here's an example that includes rears.

Here's an example of what a red seat that's been dyed black looks like after a few years.

47952.jpg

Attachments

• 47952.jpg
    47952.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 79