Interior plastic disappointment...

kirkyg said:
Your not going to get 40k luxury + performance in a 25k package...sorry.

However, what you are getting is 15K luxury in a 25K package. Basically, the bare bones V6 model is setting the standard for the high end GT premium model.

With almost a 2x price difference between the bare bones V6 model, and the premium GT convertible model, Ford really needs to offer something better, different, and with higher luxury/quality between the two extremes. The IUP helps, but really doesn't go far enough. It really should be a totally different and unique interior down to every detail.

Sorry, for a car into the 30K range, I would expect too, at least as options, little things like heated seats, convenience lights everywhere, built-in nav system, automatic climate control, etc. Yea, you could not order any of that if you really didn't want it, but it should really be at least offered in the GT model.

• Sponsors (?)

GT-03 said:
However, what you are getting is 15K luxury in a 25K package. Basically, the bare bones V6 model is setting the standard for the high end GT premium model.

With almost a 2x price difference between the bare bones V6 model, and the premium GT convertible model, Ford really needs to offer something better, different, and with higher luxury/quality between the two extremes. The IUP helps, but really doesn't go far enough. It really should be a totally different and unique interior down to every detail.

Sorry, for a car into the 30K range, I would expect too, at least as options, little things like heated seats, convenience lights everywhere, built-in nav system, automatic climate control, etc. Yea, you could not order any of that if you really didn't want it, but it should really be at least offered in the GT model.

I do think that Ford should, over time, add more factory-installed OPTIONS so that people who want to pimp out their vehicles can do so from the factory.

I also think that if they had offered these from the initial launch, we'd be waiting until April 2006 before the first GT came out.

I think Ford did the RIGHT thing by getting out a GT that many people want sooner rather than holding it up for more gadgets so they could make a fat cruiser out of it. When I drive this car, it is ~so right~, I really don't care for more gadgets. Why make those with simple tastes wait for those who want more?

Now if Ford never offers upscale options, that's a different story. I think they should offer the boulevard cruisers the option of automatic climate control, butt warmers, in-dash DVD playtoys, PS2 hookups, and wood grained dash. Just don't do it at the expense of simple driving pleasures.

It's a realtively nice interior with a pretty sweet power plant. It's not as nice as the GTO interior, but it's also not nearly as expensive. It's still good bang for the buck as far as HP goes....and it seems like the build quality/material quality is a little beter than previous stangs. It's not the Stang to end all Stangs, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.
These things are putting down about 280 stock....that's a nice base to work with.

You guys that think that the Parchment and the Gray colored interiors are cheap and look bad are all crazy.

I have seen these interiors in person and they look fabulous. The interior in the 2005 Mustang looks 10000000000000% better than the 1999-2004 Mustang interior. You guys are all wrong. The 2005 Mustang interior is definitely better quality than the older 99-04 interiors.

TR03Mach1 said:
I don't know about that. My wife and I took an 05 V6 auto for a test drive, and neither one of us thought that the interior was "MILES" over my Mach 1. Matter of fact, I thought it was pretty chintzy when balanced against all the rave revues it's been getting. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, and I'm still going to wait until I get to drive a GT with the interior upgrade package before I pass final judgement on the interior. Part of the problem, I thought, was the color, some kind of blueish gray on the dash panels, combined with some funky grain pattern that just screamed PLASTIC CRAP! I'm not real fond of the lack of "intimacy" for lack of a better word, with the cockpit of the car, due to its increased size. It feels more like a midsize luxury car, ala mid 90's Thunderbirds, than a Mustang. I like the exterior of the car alot, but the interior brings back bad flashbacks of the huge 71-73 Mustangs. Just my .02

I'm not talking about styling at all. I'm talking about quality fit and finish. If you listen when you drive you will hear no noises on the interior of the new mustang and the new f150. In our mustangs after a few years they can become rattle traps. There are so many things that potentially caused these problems its virtually impossible insure a sound proof SN95...but the new mustangs are much better. JMO of course but I've been impressed with fords new interiors. Again styling is just complete opinion but fit and finish is another story.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
If you listen when you drive you will hear no noises on the interior of the new mustang and the new f150. In our mustangs after a few years they can become rattle traps.
Seems to me, you're going to have to wait until the new cars are a few years old then before making that an absolute statement, aren't you? Fit and finish on this car isn't any better than it was on the previous models. I saw an 05 the other day that the back seat didn't fit flush against the rear shelf. The one I drove, the shift bezel on the automatic shifter was loose. I'm still rather disappointed. I think Ford could have done a better job with the interior, like they did with the exterior.