Interior Questions---HELP!!

Tommy3O3

Founding Member
Jan 1, 1999
Saudi Aurora, Colorado
I have a '99 35th Anniversary GT with the dark charcoal interior. Some thieves broke in a few months ago and did some damage. I've purchased a double-DIN stereo and replaced the '99 stereo surround, (with the 2 single DIN openings) with a 2001+ double-DIN opening.

With that opening there are 3 empty slots for the buttons below the opening for the stereo, (defrost, traction control and fog lamps). I would like to know if I purchase a center console from a 2001+ Mustang GT or Cobra would it be a DIRECT replacement for my '99?

My console is in perfect condition, however I think it would look MUCH better if I replaced the console with one from a newer car and moved the TC and foglamp buttons after purchasing the buttons from a dealer. I plan on also buying a dead switch instead of the defrost button and mounting my line lock button onto it. The pictures are BAD...I understand that, but they're the best I have. The first picture is of a newer console and the second picture is showing my OLD stereo surround that I have replaced. I'll get better pictures and post them on here ASAP.

Does anyone know if that will work?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Attachments

• !BmEBMr!!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKisEtkVHKG10BLeMWNBqeg~~_12.jpg
    !BmEBMr!!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKisEtkVHKG10BLeMWNBqeg~~_12.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 76
  • Sponsors (?)

Here are some better pics. In the second one you can see the new stereo surround. It fits perfectly. The first shows just part of my current console...in comparing the picture above with the new console it SHOULD fit perfectly, right??

Attachments

• Picture 637.jpg
    Picture 637.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Picture 638.jpg
    Picture 638.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 78
Hi Tommy. How did everything turn out? I also have a Black 99 Anniversary GT and was thinking about doing something similar... at least getting a hold of a new center console as a first step. Were there any issues with the charcoal color of the newer console matching the interior of the 99?

Thanks!

It wasn't as easy as it looks...I switched to an '01-'04 center stack, console and armrest. My '99 had to come out and the wiring harness had to be switched over. After peeling and re-attaching the wires everything went in fine. I had the interior pieces painted silver to match the silver in the doors, and in my opinion it looks great. There weren't any issues with the charcoal colors matching up.

I'm trying to upload the pics from Facebook...tell me if they work for you.

Thomas Franczek's Photos | Facebook

Thomas Franczek's Photos | Facebook

Yup and the picts look great. I found a 01-04 center console (cupholders/armrest) on ebay and figure i'll start with that. I really like how everything looks with yours having the buttons moved up and the new head unit.. and yeah, the silver turned out great too! Thanks!