Interior Styling and Options Thread

tomustang

Psychotic Member
Founding Member
Jun 8, 2000
McLean Hospital
post up your mix of interior looks and mods for future reference for other enthusists, since their are a few factory options thru the years some of them might look better in others, this thread is a reference for gauges (inclusing bulb colors), pods, headunits, switches, seats, painted panels, custom fab/paint jobs, steering wheels, seat deletes, and anything else for the interior

If you post the mods please post what you have done to it, coloring, type of lights for gauges, how you fitted it, etc.

If you have any questions on install from anyone ask it in here :nice:

I'll start

Here's the 2001+ Park Brake Boot in my Cobra

ParkBrakeBoot-vi.jpg

Autometer Instrument Cluster Bezel (Yes, I have black ones because they are from my old GT)

Dsc01659_RS727Headshot-vi.jpg

Brake Boot and Autometer Instrument Cluster Bezel With Pro 5.0 Shifter, Short Handle

Dsc01629_RS727-vi.jpg

Dscf1453_RS727-vi.jpg

Attachments

• ParkBrakeBoot-vi.jpg
    ParkBrakeBoot-vi.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Dsc01659_RS727Headshot-vi.jpg
    Dsc01659_RS727Headshot-vi.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Dsc01629_RS727-vi.jpg
    Dsc01629_RS727-vi.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Dscf1453_RS727-vi.jpg
    Dscf1453_RS727-vi.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Sponsors (?)

633801_4_full.jpg

UPR Gauge Pod insert, pain in the ass, use an exacto knife, not a dremel (high speed cutting remelts plastic making this even harder). Definately worth the time though, it looks sick!

633801_89_full.jpg

UPR Radio cover (easy install, like 5 seconds) I forgot where I got the HVAC White out, but it was easy too... Steeda HAVAC knobs, swapping em out for MGW stuff eventually.

633801_78.jpg

More of the UPR billet trim, IMO the kit is a waste of money, it only fits the stuff I have it on, I had to throw the rest away. If they offered the stuff per application and not the entire kit it would be worthwhile.

633801_43_full.jpg

633801_28_full.jpg

More UPR, (Speaker grille, the other stuff is self explanitory) easy install, just pound on.

633801_88_full.jpg

MGW, easily my favorite piece of billet.

UPR I think... dunno I didn't keep track of my mods when I first started because I wasn't gonna do anything other than visual and exhaust mods.... now I've done almost everything in the catalog (except the uber expensive stuff... not counting the shaker)

stock (well when i got it):
View attachment 451750

View attachment 451753

when i had a boost gauge (sold the S/C) Fuel Pressure, and A/F Ratio gauge in the a pillar and water temp and oil pressure in the dash. All autometer cobalt C2 gauges.
UPR el glow intrument gauges
View attachment 451755
View attachment 451757

painted the interior panels to match dash, new matching rear panels and black molded carpet (replaced gray one)...and color matched interior pieces.

a shot at night:
View attachment 451759

clarion in dash dvd VRX745

Miles said:
I try to give tomustang a ribbing and I get a technical answer back - he's stangnet's greatest ass

Edited it for ya bro...

And actually it IS tech as he asked us to provide any tech tricks we learned for install... but I think most of the internals (show n glo stuff) are self explanitory.

don't forget to add details like "This part sucked to install because" or "If you use X tool this install is cake" Other wise its just a pic whore thread.

Dope 97GT said:
too hot im working on my saturn and sweatin buckets out there.
screw that...at work we only had like 5 customers all day because it was 115degrees on the lot. Usually the managers are on your ass to call people and get some customers in but they know its just too damn hot. I was just outside watering the flowers and was sweating...