Brakes Interior Suspension Drivetrain (income)

madmustanger

Jun 1, 2015
Madmustanger here: I'm gona lay this out in sections. Musty's a 85? Gt convertable
SECT1:BRAKES AND COMPONENTS
My braking system is standard fr model year disc frt drum rr the problem is the proportioning valve has leaked ever since i had the car most people can't drive a vehicle with brakes like that. I'm a old school guy and ony a few of us can do that. This valve is obsolete ford,parts stores doesn't have them any more and i can't afford to redo whole setup. I'm planning to swap out rear end to a 5 lug setup with disc brakes frt and rear but 2 grand is out of my budget. Can a newer model yr say 04 07 01 interchange with my car it will have to have the quad shock setup like mine does but give me the 5 lug bolt pattern. Same with frt rotor hub with bolt pattern?

• Sponsors (?)

do a search in the tech archive for how to swap in a 5 lug brake setup from a 94-95 mustang gt.

Essentially, grab the MC, proportioniing valve, front spindles with brakesm rotors, and hoses off a 94-95 gt and the complete 5 lug disc rear end off the same car. IF you are lucky, the tires will be on the car. They all bolt right in. You will need some additional parts from the donor car- for the E brake, rear lines. You will need to either buy a 3 to 2 line converter block for your lines from the master to the lines. Maximum Motorsports sells it or you can make one with parts from home depot.