Interior swap from 03 work in a 94?

KENS89LX

Mar 12, 2006
Cross lanes Wv
My brothers 94 gt had a interior fire that ruined the interior, he found a guy that has a 03 steeda with black interior and wanted me to ask if the interior like the rear side panels, dash, steering column, etc would work. I know as far as the wiring behind the dash has to be out of a 94-95, so is all the connections the same? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

The interior out of a 03 will work in your car. If you swap some of it though I would recommend doing all of it as 94-98 had black and the 99-04 had charcol interior. The only things I know you will have to use specific will be the center trim bezel in the dash becasue the newer ones have a double din radio or trac. control switches and The shifter bezel. I would use all the newer parts though. You would have 6 way power seats that way which you will have to wire in and that is very easy. The cluster will have to be from the 94-95. I would be a direct fit and with the new center console you will gain the more desired cup holders and the ebrake should have the boot around it as well.

Ok thanks for the info,, his main concen is wiring connections, I posted a question a month or so ago about the wiring harness behind the dash and was told that as long as it was 94-95 even v-6 are the same ...So if he went and installed the steering column out of the 03 it would have the same connections. Just want to make sure. The fire destroyed the driver side compartment, it is believed to be from a faulty headlight switch.