Internet world vs. Real World...

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
I'm just making this post/rant because I'm just fed up with the internet BS that circulates everywhere. Even on here. You go to the track, maby real street races for that matter, you see one world, then come on here and suddenly the teenager with a junkyard turbo setup on his little civic is unstoppable, and OMG a CRV engine.... like that makes power. Then comes the bench racing "ratio's" but however, lets see it actually work out.

Then look on streetfire... you would think that Supra's were the greatest cars ever built. Ever notice how the video "351w/Nitrous vs. BPU Supra" keeps getting re-posted and never dies. It's about the most un-impressive 351W mustang, and it's hard to belive it was actually spraying. Maby and E150 van motor with 250K miles and a 50 shot. You'll see all out supra's racing basic bolt on cars, but never real cars that are equally all out. Not only them, but all the horsepower prissies that do nothing but work on top end power, but that's it, who can't actually win a real race, so they always will race from a roll and say thier car is quicker. Any idiot with a credit card and a parts catalog can build a top end racer.... however it takes so much more to built a car that comes out of the hole hard and holds it all the way down.

Oh, and if the import gets beat, then comes the argument of streetablity. I hear so many second place arguments it's not funny. I just wish people would get REAL.

• Sponsors (?)

I agree 110% Those damn ub3r supras have upwards of 70k in them, including the price of the car! Gimme a TT Terminator for 35ish and watch me wax some Supra ass!!!!! And I beat civics in my frikkin truck all the time! It weighs like 8k lbs! Mustagns and :SNSign: FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X363,559,310,475!!

I coundn't agree more... Its time the internet become home for the truth!!! :fuss:

Oh wow... you guys are really gonna love my new website then...

supracomic.jpg

For right now im just finalizing the layout and gathering my content.. as well as creating new content. But you guys can be assured that real cars will be represented and that I will not allow for such poor mis-matched and unfair perspectives of cars to be published.

I will post a form on the current page shortly so people can sign-up to be alerted when the site is officially launched. :nice:

On the internet my car should be a 11 sec car.... But in the real world with my driving/lack of traction its a 12 sec car.

I disagree. I think the LT1 and the LS1 are the fastest things alive. That is, if you can get more than 80k miles outta them but still :)

Nope- changed my mind again... it's definately the turbo civic.

It's like that in the real world here... they race and pull a 14.75 second timeslip with a turbo civic and then say they missed a gear, fuel tank is too full, busted an intake weld, etc... :rolleyes:

They race with excuses, not engines these guys... Like I said to the guy who smart mouthed me for owning a Mustang. "Dude you put a turbo, swap engines, and whatever else to be able to hang with a 17 year old stock 5.0L Mustang that burns oil- hardly impressive since you have more cash in your car than I did with my previous 3 cars put together"

I believe I've mentioned the fact that there's a guy in Scottsboro, AL with a little hatchback civic, supposedly he had a CRV motor in it when I asked his friend. I watched it go an 8.4 or lower I think in the 1/8th. When I asked if he was spraying the friend said no he had the motor built.

:shrug: I dunno. I assume he was spraying... but who knows. Who cares. Anything can be made fast if it's done right... except a unicycle, I've never seen a fast unicycle

PS: I saw a rail buggy run a 6 sec pass once. Never saw it again.

HoodStrype said:
Anything can be made fast if it's done right... except a unicycle, I've never seen a fast unicycle

DMAN302 said:
My brother was killed when spraying his unicycle..we don't really like to talk aboot it.

HAHA :lol:

I was in a bad mood when I started this thread. I got board, and alot on my mind so I went on streetfire thinking I would watch some vids. Any fast car in there, and the argument that a supra is faster, or sometimes a bike, would be argued. OR if it was mean enough, the argument of it being a full race car, or only good in a straight line, would then be argued. Even miles per gallon would be argued.

I am lucky to live in a area where I see some wicked cars. One of thos ASP or whatever EVO's that makes 900+hp... it's funny how everyone wants to compare that EVO to every EVO, when those cars that are that extreme, have more done to them than most people could belive, not to mention the money. Such as these high hp Supra's, they want to talk about thier car being a street car, but they arn't running pump gas. Every import driver talks about these .01% of other imports, and acts like they have the parts on order or sitting waiting to be installed. The only thing that really runs, is people's mouths.

I'm currently fixing my camaro, but I have a few races comming up with it, one's with a Cobalt SS with upped boost, and the other is with a 99GT with a K&N and a gear. These guys think the GT will take the my camaro, since I am doing underdrives and a electric water pump it might be closer, and the Cobalt I "might" take... well I've driven the GT, and raced the Cobalt with my truck (just for fun) and let me tell you... there is no way, it's going to be a slaughter and then some. They think this because it's a LT1, it doesn't have a chance. Those dyno numbers... the car was missing and running like crap, it had the 87 gas, 180t-stat, (programmed for 93 octane and a 160stat) an a few other things I have found.... plus it was running hot. Oh, it will be fun...

I know a guy who is getting some AWD honda suv or something and putting the AWD in his turbo integra. It already makes 450 hp and runs 11s. He says with the AWD he would smoke ANYTHING on the street. Now I don't know about anything, but it was a pretty badass car. Not riced at all.