Intresting fact about 5.0's

meccastanger13

Nov 27, 2007
I felt like writing this after I read a thread about a guy who sold his 5.0 and regretted it. I have a grey 5.0 Bone stock that is now a salvaged thanks to a drunk driver who hit me on a straight awayon a 25mph zone and hit the back of my driver's side and broke one of my pony rims and made my differential pay the price. Differential was no longer straight it was bent. Hard to believe I know. Me and my dad sort of forgot it until the gave us the check but we got to keep it. 8 months left alone literally 170 bucks later for differential this is including gas and the 5.0 was up and running without oil or any thing. It is no longer good looking thats for sure but it is still running strong. However I raced it once and lost to a ****en h22 prelude his stick mine auto. I felt a little disappointed and still do but the other guy tuned it and had a cold air intake all i had was the the red K&N Filter that is still dusty as ****.And maybe I didn't launch it right. ican't even look at preludes anymore without disliking them a bit now ****en 4 cylinder engine beat me,lol..What;s the point in all this 5.0's are strong for the most part and it gives me a sens of hope when I see my yellow Mustang LX 5 speed that has a lot of promise but has a good amount of work to be done.

• Sponsors (?)

I hate Honda's too. Mine was landed on by one and totaled. at least yours lives to fight again. The right combination of bolt on parts and that honda will be just a bad memory.

Tell that to the arrogant ass hole who came to me talkin **** about how his 89 notch was all done up with 3.73's and a built motor who got his **** entirely pushed in by me at a light from 0-60... by the way, i'm AOD with a custom exhaust and a bit of advanced timing - but that is IT. i also have a 5 speed 89 notch - doesn't even matter though.

my very first car was a 88 prelude SI. it was actually pretty damn quick for only a 2.0 L. 135hp i think. no torque, but i got it up over 240km/h and it was bone stock. i couldn't even do that with the stock 5.0.... but they are so light, and much more aerodynamic than a fox. fun little car, but nothing like a v8.... it could almost hang with my friends stock AOD 5.0 until i had to hit 3rd gear, but then it was lights out.....

naw, i'm not talking smack, cenok was just straight up wrong about saying how cars with AOD's are at a disadvantage against cars with sticks, especially AOD cars with stock gears.. i'm not discussing theory, i'm discussing experience - my AOD heavy ass lincoln mark vii laid the ****ing smackdown on some guy trash talking me and revving his **** at a light (after i complimented his car, nonetheless!)

naw, i'm not talking smack, cenok was just straight up wrong about saying how cars with AOD's are at a disadvantage against cars with sticks, especially AOD cars with stock gears.. i'm not discussing theory, i'm discussing experience - my AOD heavy ass lincoln mark vii laid the ****ing smackdown on some guy trash talking me and revving his **** at a light (after i complimented his car, nonetheless!)

A stock AOD vs a stock T5 car isn't even close with a so so or better driver in the 5-speed. Chalk your win up to bad driving or a beat car on his part, as our stock T5 car went 14.2s all day long.

This thread =

failcat.jpg

Stock AODs fail also.