Intresting fact about 5.0's

• Sponsors (?)

naw, i'm not talking smack, cenok was just straight up wrong about saying how cars with AOD's are at a disadvantage against cars with sticks, especially AOD cars with stock gears.. i'm not discussing theory, i'm discussing experience - my AOD heavy ass lincoln mark vii laid the ****ing smackdown on some guy trash talking me and revving his **** at a light (after i complimented his car, nonetheless!)
Puff, puff, pass dammit! :fuss:

My ex-gf was in her 95 accord 4 cyl when this guy in an 86 GT started revving at us (I had an 86 too at the time) and we were doing 40mph (on a closed track of course) and anyway she ate the piss out of that 86. He had a 5 speed btw and hers was auto.

Just depends. 5.0 Mustangs are SLOW after 3rd gear. From a dig they rawk.

Tell that to the arrogant ass hole who came to me talkin **** about how his 89 notch was all done up with 3.73's and a built motor who got his **** entirely pushed in by me at a light from 0-60... by the way, i'm AOD with a custom exhaust and a bit of advanced timing - but that is IT. i also have a 5 speed 89 notch - doesn't even matter though.

dam....kinda got me shaking.....:hail2:

I have a grey 5.0 Bone stock that is now a salvaged thanks to a drunk driver ..........170 bucks later for differential this is including gas and the 5.0 was up and running without oil or any thing. ..

UHH YOu may find you need oil and other stuff if you want it to keep running... :D

Failboat.jpg

I'm willing to bet $$ my stock A4 5-speed (probably weighs more than a fox, and makes less power, a lot less) would dog an AOD fox in a race, maybe even a 1/4 mile. I ran a mid 15 second truck and put 2 cars on him. My brothers 01 A6 would make an AOD car look stupid!

I know, I owned an 89 5.0 with an AOD and 2.73s!

25th, was just drooling over that unreal two-tone in the before/after thread- giving me ideas, expensive ideas! That Audi, I plow the highway here in Chicago, I've seen them run off in the sunset in blinding snowstorms! An AOD would surely be DOA!

I'm willing to bet $$ my stock A4 5-speed (probably weighs more than a fox, and makes less power, a lot less) would dog an AOD fox in a race, maybe even a 1/4 mile. I ran a mid 15 second truck and put 2 cars on him. My brothers 01 A6 would make an AOD car look stupid!

I know, I owned an 89 5.0 with an AOD and 2.73s!

mines an 88....in 3rd gear its a dog.....after my 3.73's it should help it keep it in its power band

stock for stock...5 speed will kill a aod as long as he can drive the 5 speed..i pray everyday my aod will just die!

Mine was an 89 ins 1st through 4th gear it was a dog, they all are. I even had 3.73s, bolt ons and a converter and it was a dog. There are fast AODs, stockers especially with stock gears are not fast and a T5 car with even a moron driving should walk it without worry.