Iphone FTL?

boston2k4

Jun 11, 2009
ok so i have and iphone 3gS and i have an Itouch 2nd gen and i cannot get either to connect to the system for playback. i got my phone bluetooth to work but i can figure out ipod music even witht he book! (yes i opened it) anybody got any ideas.
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Make sure you are using the white data cable supplied with the iphone instead of a standard car charging cable. The white cable sends data and charges the phone while the typical black car charging accessory cables only provide power. I made that mistake and couldn't figure out the problem for a few days.... hope this helps.

I am using a car charger and not the white cable provided with the phoe. I know that whenever you are using the phone go to iPod mode and on the bottom right of the screen there should be a Bluetooth symbol. Push the symbol and it will bring up a menu for sync or something else. Make sure the sync mode has been selected. Hope this helps.

Iphone / Microsoft Sync Carification

Just to clarify, you don't need any audio or data cable to use your iphone "IF" you sync the phone via the "bluetooth" method..... all you do is hit the voice button on the steering and say "Bluetooth" and you'll get streaming audio from your phone but if you listen to your music via this method, you won't have control over song, playlist, artist selection via your car's audio/sync controls. Now, by using a data cable, you have voice control over all of your music through microsoft sync. When you connect the Iphone to the car via the usb port in the console, it always takes several seconds for Sync to load or "catalog" everything from the Iphone. Then you simply press the voice control button on the steering wheel, say "USB" and then say "Play artist Jay-Z" or "Play track 99 Problems" or "play playlist Fast Driving Music". The exact same order the songs would play in Itunes in your home computer/ laptop applies to your car. I hope this helps everyone who might be having trouble.

ahhh ok see i got it to sync during a road trip to Florida and thought sweet here we go but then i couldnt change the artist and stuff so i was just thought that was it. im going to go mess with it now thanks for the help