Irs Swap Into Fox Questions

Stock bushings. When I pulled it out of my shop I felt a weird series of bumps when acting a donkey. Lol I put it back on the lift and reinspected everything...all the bushings were good. Noticed the driveshaft and the fact that there wasn't hardly any play. The driveshaft was shortened about 1 inch...reinstalled and not a single problem.
The bushings, while they may have been "serviceable" are anything but good. Replace with at minimum polyurethane and the play will all but completely go away.

• Sponsors (?)

That was 7 years ago...I haven't had any of the problems a lot of you guys have. This rear is getting ready to go in an 88 coupe that I'm building with a 331 turbo motor. The only thing changed was the cover...I added a cover brace and I had to replace a hub bearing. Its predictable and handles really well...if I have a problem I'll change them .

Thanks for the input guys. I do want to move forward with this while not breaking the bank. I will keep an eye out. I know MPS auto salvage has an 03/04 complete rear end for $1,700 but that's crazy money. I want want to go 5 lug anyway and I think this is the way I want to go.

Good thing is u can change it back without problems and the price keeps going up on these rears. I never looked back....unbelievable handling for a fox.