Is 3 inch exhaust too much?

• Sponsors (?)

D.Hearne said:
You've neglected to tell us how much you paid for that 2-1/2" kit ? :D And then also neglected to say how much more you shelled out for the 3" kit :rlaugh: And THEN do the math and tell us how many dollars per horsepower you ended up with:rlaugh: PLUS, just where in the powerband were those extra ponies found :shrug: ?

:lol: I'm sure the full moon added another 10 hp as well :Teh-Win:

66stangmeister said:
speaking of exhausts....whats the smallest exhaust u can buy? stupid question, just curious.
I've seem imports with an inch (maybe even smaller), they look more like soda straws. But I'm sure they are sized right for the 1.6L engines with 50rwhp.

www.magnaflow.com

We make a full stainless kit for your car for the same price of the Flowmaster-

It comes with X pipe, stainless clamps, hangers, exc life time warranty and is available through www.partshopper.com

3" is too big definitely-

I am running 2.5" on my supercharged 66 and my built 428-

Well actually I should say depending on whose exhaust you are using 3" can be too big-

With a chambered muffler, because they are so much more restrictive, sometime you can get away with using a 3" exhaust- but you are much much better off with 2.5" unless you plan on making more then 550rwhp-

:flag:

GNN, do you guys make mid-pipes (collector to muffler) for 67-70 verts? I have 2.5" collectors, Magnaflow 2.5s, and 2.5" tailpipes from that other brand you mentioned. Connecting them is gonna be nasty for three reasons...
1.) Convertibles have less room to begin with.
2.) I have an AOD and the pan is HUGE.
3.) I have a 3" aluminum driveshaft so the tunnel is crowded.

Edbert-

I actually try to push guys with verts away from using systems- problem being is that by the time you modify our system to fit around the extra bracing for the verts-

you will have spent so much. chopped up the system so much, you would have been better off just going to a muffler shop and having them order some mandrel bends and putting it together there-

Convertible exhaust is alot harder to do-

Thanks
Brent

Yeah, figured I'd ask before I give the guy at the muffler shop a heart attack...LOL. Thanks for the reply, and I wish I had known about your product before I bought the parts from that other brand. I AM using your mufflers though...LOVE the sound and can see right through them. Only complaint is they are heavy.

You can always do 3" at the collector, to a 3" to 2.5" X pipe, and then 2.5" the rest of the way. I had a hell of a time fitting the 2.5 between the frame and the gas tank on it's way to the rear valance.

xpipe.jpg