Is a 70mm TB too much for my car?

Trick Pony

Apr 3, 2006
Ive got a cobra intake, Vortech S trim blower, and im looking for a bit more power as you all know. Im thinking i may need a biger TB and perhaps a mass air. Is a 70mm TB too big? Also, what mass air should i be looking at? Im also thinking about going to a bigger pump and injectors and jacking up the boost. Any recomendations for this?

• Sponsors (?)

Trick Pony said:
Ive got a cobra intake, Vortech S trim blower, and im looking for a bit more power as you all know. Im thinking i may need a biger TB and perhaps a mass air. Is a 70mm TB too big? Also, what mass air should i be looking at? Im also thinking about going to a bigger pump and injectors and jacking up the boost. Any recomendations for this?

please list all your mods.

Adam

Trick Pony said:
GT40 intake, 3.73 gears, upper and lower controll arms, sub frame conectors, Vortech S trim blower, Ford Racing trans (T5), headers, off road H pipe with 40 series flows.

No, you do not need a bigger TB. If you pressurize your intake anyway, TB sizing becomes less important. Would the 70mm TB be nice? Yes, as it port matches your GT40 manifold. Do you need it? Absolutely not, there are guys on turbo mustangs taking 65mm TBs into the 10s.

What you do need is to upgrade your MAF and injectors. With a blower, you're going to want to run more injector then a similar NA power leveled car. A popular modification with a blower is a 90mm Lightning MAF with 42 pound injectors. I'm just throwing that out there, I'm sure other S trim owners can chime in. You also are going to need a bigger fuel bump, a 255lph should work fine.

Of course, you are going to need to tune it after you do these mods.

Adam

mootang said:
here comes WWIII!!!

yep...