Is anyone NOT satified with their 4.10 gears?

I'm getin' ready to do gears on an '01 naturally aspirated Cobra this winter and I'm leaning towards 4.10's. I only use the car on nice days, no rain, no snow. I put about 4k on it a year for miles. It's possible I'll do a 75 to 100 shot of Nitrous next year which would bring RWHP to the high 300's.

Any of you guys regret not going with 3.73's ?

• Sponsors (?)

No, and especially no if I had a Cobra.

If I were to do it again, I would go 3.90... Just a little more MPH in the 1/4 and if I were to spray thats what gear I would need, or just bump the rev limiter and use a 28" tire.

I reccomend them for a 2v, but seriously would NOT go any less than a 4.10 or even think of it for a 4v...

You guys have alot more RPM to play with, all your power is up top and you will get there fast with 4.10's... made my car so much fun to drive. Only issue is getting it to hook, but I have more issues with that than just the gears.

i have 4.10s in mine and they are AWESOME but i'm about to back down to 3.73s bc my supercharger is going in tomorrow

I would keep the 4.10s with the centri it needs the high revs and the 4.10s will get you there faster.

To the OP I loved my 4.10s and I would still have them if my car wasn't running so fast at the track. They were the **** on the street even when I was NA. I had to pull them out and put in 3.73s because I was out of gear at the 1000' at the track :( .... which I guess thats a good thing too. LOL

How come? Do you use the car as a daily driver? Were they too steep of a gear for your setup?

i live in San Diego and have family in the north bay so i plan on taking trips as i've already done down and up I-5 a couples times a year and the 4:10's really aren't that much more crazy than my 3.73's for acceleration (on my car at least), but on the freeway you'd notice. So i went with 3.73's and sold the 4.10's that i bought.

If you plan on doing any highway driving (70+mph) you don't want anymore than 4.10s.

I strongly dissagree with that if you have a t 45 or 3650 and the high revving 4 valve. Ive driven and been around quite a few that are completely fine with 4.30's and 4.56's for daily drivers, NA. 2v's, and 4v's are completely different as daily drivers being NA.

DONT FEAR THE GEAR

I strongly dissagree with that if you have a t 45 or 3650 and the high revving 4 valve. Ive driven and been around quite a few that are completely fine with 4.30's and 4.56's for daily drivers, NA. 2v's, and 4v's are completely different as daily drivers being NA.

DONT FEAR THE GEAR

My friend has a 01 Cobra with 4.30s and at 70mph he is crusing at 3.25-3.5k rpms. I don't know about you but thats I wouldn't want to be crusing at that high of an rpm for a long period of time.

Thats the only thing I hated about my 4.10s when I went to the track, we would hit 70-75mph the whole way there for 1.5-2 hrs and I would be hitting 3.5k rpms. My exhaust droned like a mother and I was sucking gas like a mother too. LOL

My friend has a 01 Cobra with 4.30s and at 70mph he is crusing at 3.25-3.5k rpms. I don't know about you but thats I wouldn't want to be crusing at that high of an rpm for a long period of time.

Thats the only thing I hated about my 4.10s when I went to the track, we would hit 70-75mph the whole way there for 1.5-2 hrs and I would be hitting 3.5k rpms. My exhaust droned like a mother and I was sucking gas like a mother too. LOL

You have a 2v auto, two different things than a 4v NA and gas milage. Droning is annoying, I completely agree with you. Muffler choice is a big deal on that. 4v's with 4.30's get suprisingly decent gas milage, again, 2v, and 4v are different.

I have a TR 3650 tranny. Currently I run at 1920 RPM at 70 mph and my calculations are 2352 RPM w/3.73's and 2450 RPM w/4.10's.

Stock gear is 3.27's and I believe 4.10's will be a 25% increase in RPM across the board.

Do you agree?

I love my 4.10s.

I have a t3650 trans and on my last road trip, I averaged 26 MPG doing a steady 80 + MPH including going through the Tennessee mountains on I-75.

The volume of the exhaust is not too bad at these speeds. Plus, I have a stereo that keeps up with the exhaust just fine.:D