Is Ford really taking a production break over the holidays ???

I ordered my Torch Red GT a little over a week ago. If Ford takes a 2 week break like I have heard, I'm gonna go nuts ! :bs: With all of the rumored hold-ups on certain parts and what not, I don't know what to believe. I guess I'll get my car when it arrives. January isn't exactly the best time to break a new car in, in Ohio. At this point, I'm willing to just sit in it and admire it's sheer beauty in my garage if we have 3 feet of snow on the ground.

• Sponsors (?)

Most likely. Hang in there!

I waited five months for a car once. There was a hold on this, other options weren't yet available, Delco went on strike(Bose stereo). To top it all off, when the car finally arrived it was packed too closely to another car on the car transporter and had dents all in the hood!

Hopefully none of that will happen to you. Good things come to those who wait. At least you got the best color available! :D

BlueMonster65 said:
weak! thats just not fair. i don't get a two week break. and furthermore why do machines need a break. get those machines back to work! i want my car before the end of the year!

Yeah, but wouldnt you like to? Anyways, humans run those machines in most cases... There is also a lot of human work that goes into assembling the cars as well...

Sheesh people, I know you want your cars, but people get time off... If anything it makes them more likely to fulfill their jobs better... Just be patient...

Thank God for that break. I have a lot of friends building the 05's right now at Flat Rock and they are working 12-7's. One of my friends over there said that they are about 50,000 cars behind production. These things are on fire. I got lucky and got mine last week.We have 12/23-1/01 off, we start back on the second.

I just checked on my order, and my Mustang GT is scheduled for build the week of 12/20 (ordered 10/22). So now I have a couple of questions.

In reference to the production break, I've seen "two weeks off," "almost two weeks off," and "12/23-1/01 off." Does anyone know which it is?

There have been some postings about delivery delays due to railcar shortages. Does anyone know if Ford will continue shipments during the production shutdown? This would give Ford an opportunity to trim the transport backlog. And, of course, it would give me a chance of getting my Mustang by the end of 2005.

MissMustang said:
I ordered my Torch Red GT a little over a week ago. If Ford takes a 2 week break like I have heard, I'm gonna go nuts ! :bs: With all of the rumored hold-ups on certain parts and what not, I don't know what to believe. I guess I'll get my car when it arrives. January isn't exactly the best time to break a new car in, in Ohio. At this point, I'm willing to just sit in it and admire it's sheer beauty in my garage if we have 3 feet of snow on the ground.
I'm sorry to hear about your wait. Congrats on your order though. Be strong!! You can do it!

BIGMOFO78 said:
Thank God for that break. I have a lot of friends building the 05's right now at Flat Rock and they are working 12-7's. One of my friends over there said that they are about 50,000 cars behind production. These things are on fire. I got lucky and got mine last week.We have 12/23-1/01 off, we start back on the second.

You mean they're working 12hr days, 7 days a week? If that's the case, how long does it take a single car to go from the beginning of the production line to the point where it's driven off and ready for shipment to the dealer?

i don't understand why people are getting so pissy about Ford taking a vacation. If you were working really hard earning a living making cars for people that just *can't* wait an extra 2 weeks for no logical reason other than that they want that car *right now* wouldn't you want a vacation too??? :rolleyes:

I have one on order also, but i'm not complaining. Kudos to Ford for giving their employees a nice holiday vacation, i'd rather my car be built by a happy refreshed employee than a tired burnt out one. :nice:

dpjedi said:
You mean they're working 12hr days, 7 days a week? If that's the case, how long does it take a single car to go from the beginning of the production line to the point where it's driven off and ready for shipment to the dealer?

I heard that it takes an average of 25 hours for each car to go from start to finish. Further, Ford is making them at the rate of 1200 / day. Impressive to say the least. (numbers from recollection after watching last night's Travel Channel special).

DraftHorsePower said:
btw, if you ordered it a week ago, i seriously doubt it would be built before january anyway, vacation or not. :nice:

I wasn't expecting it to come before January. I know better than that. But if production ceases for 2 weeks than that pushes it back two more weeks for mine to be built. For the record, I am a firm believer in Union rights, and employees getting a break to enjoy the holidays with their families. I am just VERY surprised that the ENTIRE assembly line would shut down completely for a solid 2 weeks, especially if the demand for these cars are that high. Oh well, life goes on, and I will eventually get mine I know. :banana: