Is Hotpart.com reliable?

MikeysOTP

Mar 29, 2007
I ordered J&M LCAs and relocation brackets from these guys about two weeks ago. They screwed up the order the first time when they processed my check card and took a few days to contact me to get it right. They charged my card for both parts but I just got the package and it only contains the relocation brackets. I checked the invoice they sent me and it only lists the brackets not the LCAs. I have been trying to contact them all afternoon and I only get a machine, and no return phone call.

Apparently they are some sort of partner or sponsor on :SNSign: but I don't know if that means they have been proven to be reliable or if they simply paid some sort of fee for that distinction. Anyone dealt with them before? Is there another place to get these? They are not easy to find.

Its not like I need these right away but I was looking forward to spending some quality time in the garage with my car this weekend.:D

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about that, I am thinking about ordering some of those exact pieces from them also. How they handle your case will help me decide if I want to order from them.

I am pretty sure big cat is running the LCAs and I got their link from him. He seems to know a lot around here. You could try and PM him?

PM a stangnet moderator?

I just ordered a set of LCA from them also we'll keep you posted how they get here.

Thanks and good luck with yours. I will definitely keep you guys up to date if I hear anything. I am guessing it won't be until Tuesday though since they are obviously not going to get back to me today. At least the relocation brackets look like they are good quality pieces.

To the OP, please be patient--Brian and the gang are great guys and I'm sure they can get this straightened out for you. I'll shoot them an email and bring their attention to this thread. :)
Sucks man. I've never heard of them. I don't think Stangnet checks their "sponsors"... it's all about the green.
Think again. StangNet has done business with J&M for several years. They are completely reputable.
Bigcat's suspension is entirely from J&M.

Oh well. That's why I usually pay a little more and get my stuff from a LARGE retailer like Summit, or Jegs. 2 days at max for shipping and they will do anything to keep you happy and coming back... And guess what? They don't own an answering machine.

I got a call from someone at Hotparts a little while ago and they said they will get the LCAs out to me on Monday. Sounds like I should be all set. I guess everyone is entitled to make a mistake once in a while, not a big deal as long as I get them. I should check to see what else they sell though, I might be able to talk them into a free supercharger or something for the inconvenience.

all companies have an issue once in a while. i have not heard of a single problem with J&M. they have been great with me. i have had several shipments from them without any issues. they are sending me parts as we speak.

poop- why would you pay more at summit or jegs if they price match? maybe different brand? summit has been 100% accurate in my orders, but i have known people that have had mispackaged orders. jegs really screwed up a large order i placed a few years ago. so much that i wont order from them again. i know many others that have have perfect luck with jegs. MISTAKES HAPPEN.

dont sweat your order. it will be corrected in a positive manner, i am sure.

Well the LCA's just came in 1/23/08 (though im posting on the 24th).

They sent me the new models that don't have the grease fittings and everything looks good so far. The only perplexing thing is lack of instructions in the box.

If we weren't so lucky to have Bigcat around it would be a bit complicated to proceed with the install.

interesting that there were no instructions... :shrug: use the link in my signature for instructions. at the top right of the article, there are 3 small icons. click the paper with the red A on it. (the far left icon.) that will give you a PDF version of the instructions. then you can print that out and follow along easier. :nice:

looks like there are a few issues with the PDF versions right now. ill try to get them worked out as soon as possible for you. the LCA one has no pics, but the instructions are there.

im working on it, dont worry. :nice:

I don't want to take food off of anyone's table so I thought I would let everyone know that my LCAs have arrived. A little later than expected but it was just a simple oversight, I wouldn't hesitate from buying from them again.

I am kind of surprised that they don't come with instructions though. I got a bag containing 10 assorted rubber bushings, some steel sleeves, and two control arms. Thankfully Bigcat has a write up for this.

I guess the company figures the install is so straightforward they don't need to supply instructions. Thanks Bigcat, I have a tendency of always working with my laptop near me so I have full color visuals when I do my work that way I'm 100% sure of what I'm doing.

Hopefully this week-end I'll be able to install them along with my Roush rear lowering springs! Just getting everything ready for my Watts Link install :)

I guess the company figures the install is so straightforward they don't need to supply instructions. Thanks Bigcat, I have a tendency of always working with my laptop near me so I have full color visuals when I do my work that way I'm 100% sure of what I'm doing.

Hopefully this week-end I'll be able to install them along with my Roush rear lowering springs! Just getting everything ready for my Watts Link install :)

I will be installing mine this weekend as well. Let me know when you are starting your install and I'll race ya. :rlaugh:

+1 on the laptop also, I am definitely NOT a mechanic so I always keep it close by for reference.

I just got done installing the LCA's man were they a pain! Apart from having to "guess" which way the LCA's go which was a bit unnerving you constantly have to pull and push on the axle to get the holes to line up.

Wost part of these particular LCA's is having to lineup the special bushings in the rear of the car. They don't stay put they slide all over the place making install very difficult (had to use plenty of WD40 and lots of pulling and pushing to get it right and tons of the grease supplied with the part!) let's not talk about the torquing to spec which is nearly impossible with the tight clearances that this car has once is sitting on the ground. I'll have to have those checked as soon as I get a chance.

Honestly they could have put an instruction manual. I appreciate bigcat for the instructions provided but I could have used more pictures showing some critical spots like the bolts but most of all a better view of the installed LCA to see the "correct" orientation especially since the new versions don't come with grease fittings so they look slightly different in person.

That said the car seems to be a little straighter under hard throttle. I"ve yet to test out the cornering but it seems a little more precise. I'll know for sure my next trip to the AutoX. All in all I'd say this was a worthwhile mod considering it was barely over one Franklin. I wish there was an AutoX coming up so I could see the improvement before my Watts Link goes in but I bet the best will come with that.