Is it true

mogs01gt said:
stock exhaust, no tune and stock fuel system to right?:bang: hey if I go off that reasoning, I made 310 to the tires with just stock ported heads and cams.
ah, i didnt think about that. good point. he's got a tweecer, shorties, and 24 lb injectors. but all that cant run too much right? about $600?

• Sponsors (?)

dlaul01 said:
Ok well im looking into buying another mustang i previously owned a 1990 gt mustang that went 13.4. I want a newer year i really want a 94-95 5.0 very hard to find around here in pittsburgh. But the question is i hear the 96-98 modles are dogs are not fast i want that body but i want a fast stang not a dog. I just want one i can drive everyday and have it in the 13s with out having to put a million dollars into. Is the myth true or am i just reading the wrong stuff. Help...

You do know that there's not a chance in hell of your 1990 GT doing 13.4 with the mods listed in your sig :scratch:

No i do know with slicks i ran a 13.4 and a 13.6 i went for two runs. And For second the kid the bought it from outta-control-racing.com is running the same times in it... i dont lie to make my self look good and my car also had 3.73 which is not listed in my sig.

DerekStangGT said:
ah, i didnt think about that. good point. he's got a tweecer, shorties, and 24 lb injectors. but all that cant run too much right? about $600?
nope, either your buddy is bull****ting you about the power his car makes or the parts it has. Hell just that normal Twisted wedge head and intake kit is $2100-$2300. So take off maybe a 100 bucks for the Cobra intake. Then all the supporting mods, if bought new of course, will run close to $1000.

mogs01gt said:
nope, either your buddy is bull****ting you about the power his car makes or the parts it has. Hell just that normal Twisted wedge head and intake kit is $2100-$2300. So take off maybe a 100 bucks for the Cobra intake. Then all the supporting mods, if bought new of course, will run close to $1000.
he bought the intake used for ~$350. the heads werent any more than ~$1400 i believe. still though, he is making very good power for the amount of money he's spent. all in all, no more than maybe 3.5k on just performance stuff.

DerekStangGT said:
he bought the intake used for ~$350. the heads werent any more than ~$1400 i believe. still though, he is making very good power for the amount of money he's spent. all in all, no more than maybe 3.5k on just performance stuff.
well buying used stuff will of course cut the price down. That is how I got a lot of my stuff for cheap. 50 dollar pulley's, 100 dollar TB etc etc.

dlaul01 said:
So what you guys are telling me that the 96-98 are hard to make fast without swapping the heads or cams..

I have a 98 GT with a PI swap, tbody, plenum, K&N FIPK, UPR Catted X, Magnapacks, FR500 wheels and tires, Jegs GS-1 Seats, rear seat delete, unpainted Cobra R hood (not installed), Zex wet kit (never used but installed), pro 5.0 shifter.

The paint is very shiny but has some scratches as you would expect for a 9 year old car, there is a nickel size spot on the hood that the paint rubbed off somehow (was there when I got it). The trim around the shifter has a hole from the previous owner putting switches there for neons. I tried to fix it but it just broke again.

The car has all the standard options but no mach audio. It has 81K on the clock. It will run mid 13s on motor and 12s on the 75 shot. PM me if you are interested.

dlaul01 said:
No i do know with slicks i ran a 13.4 and a 13.6 i went for two runs. And For second the kid the bought it from outta-control-racing.com is running the same times in it... i dont lie to make my self look good and my car also had 3.73 which is not listed in my sig.

Sorry dlaul01, not meaning to jump up and down waving the B.S. flag or anything, I'm just saying that having owned [and still own], raced and built [yes, I build engines for a living] many many 5.0's over the years, you'd be very lucky to hit 14.4 with those few mods.

1990 gt 5.0 black power everthing... leather.
mods...
Off Road H-pipe, MSD blaster coil, BBK chrome intake pipe, BBK underdrive pulleys, electric fans, hurst short shifter, Ford Motorsport Plug Wires, new raditor, mac pro dumps

A stock fully optioned [including leather seats] GT runs the 1/4 in about 15 seconds.The H-pipe, fan and pulley are the only mods that would free up a few Hp, those alone won't make a portly fully optioned GT drop to 13.4