is it worth it

FastRedPonyCar said:
haha i was referring to me doing it by myself up under the car with the front end raised up a little. :D Hell, my first time taking my factory pipe off using a lift only took an hour. That was before I knew what I was doing.

dont blame you, first time i took some pipes off on a lift, i had it all unbolted and i was trying to work it out under the car, turned around and the back end swung down and whacked me in the back of the head :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

clarkjr said:
It really depends on what mods you have and what you plan on doing. NA cars with a good catted X or H pipe will not loose much power but SC cars generally loose enough for me to change it back and forth. If you are looking for every last bit of HP, you will want to swap the stock one back each year.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

2k2SilverBullet said:
did u do the swap all by yourself, then its not bad for 3 hrs. Im thinking jsut have it on jackstands cause im snowed in right now nothing else to do

Screw that! We don't have..what'd you call it ssnooww :scratch:

First time I swapped a mid pipe under a car on jacks was in the Sears parking lot last february and there was a 20* Alabama arctic blast whipping up under the car. We went in Sears and bought jackstands, jacks, all the tools. Then we cranked the car, got it all warm underneath then worked for about 20 min. then cranked the car again to warm it back up. When we were done , we went back inside and got every penny back for the tools. :D