Is It Worth Modifying

Shannon1

Jun 27, 2005
Jacksonville
I have had 6 GT's and I am now driving my first V6. My wife is pregnant and we needed a bigger car so I traded the GT for an Explorer. My wife had the 6 so I wasn't that worried about losing the stang.

Now that I am driving it I really miss the power! Is the 6 worth modifying or should I just get another GT?

Shannon

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on how much money you're willing to put into it. If your wife is pregnant your going to have something better for all your money.

I'd suggest keeping both cars and getting a classic, but I'm a little biased. Then at least you'd see some return on the money you do put into a car, if you decide to sell your project in the future. Classics can be built and modded on very small budgets. They're also easier to work on, so you'll save a lot on labor by doing stuff yourself. And if you have two daily drivers, it won't be a big deal if your project isn't roadworthy for weeks at a time. :shrug:

Of course if your get a classic, your kid might become impatient about turning 16. :D

I have had experience in this dept. with 2 v6's (My first stang, and my GF's). If you want some better sound, and a nice boost in performance, go with a cat back, a cai, and a chip. But if you want that seat-of-the-pants feeling of a GT, it is absolutly not worth it. For the amount of cash it takes to give a v6 that type of performance, you could have traded the v6 in for a comparible GT.

There is a guy on here with a 98 v6 who is bitter that he dumped 3-4 grand into his stang, and he now can hang with GT's, where he should have just got one to begin with.

If you're a v6 enthusiast, do it; if not, don't waste your time. You obviously have extra cash if you raise a kid and buy a car at the same time so why not get the GT or better. Otherwise, you're in for a myriad of 'bolt ons' to get yourself rolling. But before you make up your mind, take a look at this and the costs http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/ and I'd say decide from there.

I'm only 17. The odds of me getting a new car any time soon are about the same as the U.S. returning to isolationist policies. I'm not complaining about my car, but you always want what you don't have.

super six is my new best friend...im going to hook my car up with the pro charger and some of their products mainly the power pak and internals.

maybe able to boost to 15 psi then

I say hell yes its worth it. I am a V6 fan. Of course I want the V8 stang, but where I'm at in life right now, being in college and having to pay for that, I'll mod my V6 for the fun and addiction. Ask anyone on here and once you start, you really can't stop moding a car. I did a bunch of small visual mods to personalize it and now I'm slowly doing some more serious mods.