Is it Worth the Trouble

Stage shallow...cut a good light. Don't run it up to redline...shift around 54-5500.

Get rid of that swaybar, do the tire pressure thing (careful, not too low) practice once or twice to get a feel for it all. and blow the doors off that Datsun!

Are your shocks/struts adjustable? Set 'em all the way soft, both ends.

Better weight transfer will really impress you with lower ETs.

Oh, and probably what everyone else said too :doh: :nice:

GOOD LUCK Stang guy!

• Sponsors (?)

You know when I bought my Mustang, I never thought I'd have so many people as "tech support" behind me. You guys and gals (if any) are great. I am now going down to my garage to empty my trunk of the Mach 1000 and tomorrow I will go there and kick his sorry *ss and make you guys proud :flag: . I'm Canadian but hey :rlaugh: . Thanks again.

the rear wing wieghts around 2 lbs not worth the trouble, everything else people said is good, dont forget you bought a vert so you initially invested in slower times due to wieght.

Grippier (ok maybe not a word) tires and less weight without any more bolt ons is the only way. Since its too late to over night a diablo or pulleys or anything else :p

Dan_Soprano said:
POWER SHIFT the HELL out of that thing!!

On sticky tires, yes. With the stock gears (and even moreso with the 4.10's), my Goodyears turned all kinds of ugly on the 1-2 shift, and that wasn't even powershifting.

He can probably go for it on the 2-3, most likely getting a good chirp out of them, but I'd be careful on the 1-2. He's going to be counting tenths, probably even hundreths on this run. Amazing how the little details just blow up to be catastrophies when you get the timeslip. :rlaugh:

ToplessStang said:
That's the problem. My best overall 60Ft. is better than his (2.118). My best overall 1/8 is better than his (8.955) but where he pulls on me is after the 1/8. My car feels like it's running out of steam near redline in 3rd and his just comes back. His best is 13.82 at 104 but it's all falling apart for me after 1/8 :( .
Thats where mods like exhaust come in. When i installed my X-pipe, i noticed the difference in 3rd gear. The car would pull all the way to redline instead of running out of breath way before 5250rpm like you're describing.

Ok my Mustang consultants, the results are in. I again want to thank you for all the great tips. Having 3 kids running around my house, all I had the chance to do last night was remove the MAch 1000 from the back. Man do those parts back there weigh. I did that, I put in a 1/4 tank of gas, I staged early. Didn't power shift though (hurts my heart lol). Well first run against him 13.983 against his 14.244 of course he says he had a bad run. So I'll cut to the chase and these were our days best.

Mustang 60ft 2.037

1/8 8.870 (can you believe this 1/8th :hail2: )

1/4 [email protected] (new best)

His best 1/4 13.896@101

I can't believe how diffrently the car feel without the system in the back. It handles much better (no Ferrari of course but still). Anyway thanks again guys

Gearbanger 101 said:
So what did he have to say about you beating him after all was said and done and the "bad run" excuse went out the door?

You know when someone has it in there head that their car is faster than yours they'll always find a reason when you beat them. I don't bother arguing. I let my slip do the talking. He does trap 104 once and awhile where as I've never got over 100 so in his eyes his is faster. My top goes down and have an American legend under my butt so :D . It was a great feeling today. He couldn't even real me in toward the end. His mph was down but thats not my problem.

What else did you do differently?

Inquiring minds want to know.

OH!! Congratulations by the way...no matter the crap talk that follows...you BEAT him 'fair and square' in a 1/4 mile 'for time' race. From dead stop out to 1,320 feet, you are quicker, you get there first, no matter the MPH!

Gotta' love this stuff! Good for you man!

Well, it he's still making excuses, or poking fun at you, just remind him what the difference in sticker price is between your two cars and that you can take the top down on sunny days, when he can't. :nice:

Then challenge him to see who gets further on $1000.00 worth of mods by next spring.

If he's got any sense at all, he'll clam up.

Dan_Soprano said:
POWER SHIFT the HELL out of that thing!!
:flag: Ive noticed that i cut .2 off my times when i powershift, but ive only started doing it after i put in a kc clutch and a tremec tranny. Oh and guys, those 350z' (depending on the package) are a lot faster than people give em credit for. A buddy of mine has a 350 NISMO edision and it runs 13.3s. Realy good run BTW, to me it sounds like its a drivers race. Your cars are pretty eqaul....not trying to be a party pooper, but judging by his mphs it looks as if he was having traction issues, im sure a perfect launch could have lowered his time some. It looks like You just drove much better than him.

We got together tonight and I asked him what is all time best is. Get this, his all time best is 13.824 and mine today was a 13.823 :D . As for my mods, I really don't have anything good. CAI and I know what you guys think of that :rlaugh: . It has a lot to do with the colder climate and after 1 full year with the car going to the dragstrip every single week, I've really learned how to launch it on these crappy GoodYear tires.