Is Magnaflow the quietest exhaust?

satinleafct

Oct 19, 2005
FL
Hello I was wondering what is the most quiet cat back that still flows good? Is it the magnaflow setup, I'm trying to get a good flowing set-up that is not very loud, I wanna do an of-road x, but if I can't keep it quiet I think I'll do a catted x

Thanks for any advice, i'm new to mustangs!

• Sponsors (?)

Last year with my O/R Pro Chamber and the Magnaflows my car sounded great and wasn't to loud.

This year I added headers and cams. WAY to loud for it to be legal in my town. I have to slam it into 4th at 30 MPH when I see a cop and PRAY he doesn't notice me.

I have a Customized Magnaflow O/R X and Magnaflow catback along with JBA LT headers and its pretty loud. I can live with it but after a 100mile trip it gets kind of old. LOL I have heard alot of setups and I think Magnaflow is one of the cleanest sounding setups I've heard

after a very long time of deciding i got magnaflows........at first i thought they were a waste....but after a week or two they opened up a little and they are great....keep it in low gear and in your almost stock, but once you get just under 2k and upwards....a nice deep tone comes out....and freeway driving is not a problem....you can have the radio on at normal volume and you dont really notice it....imo its a little too quite and i think that a x would be just perfect......hope this helps

Magnapacks suck with an O/R X though, they get very poppy.

Not necessarily. I had MagnaPacks with a Dr. Gas offroad X and BBK LT's. Reminded me of Homer Simpson, "when I start my car, I want the neighbors to think the world is coming to an end."

Then again I also had forged shortblock, Novi 2000 and MPH blower cams. :D

Concerning the Magnaflow catback, their catted-X is a perfect match. I had a ProChamber on Borlas (similar in construction to the Magnaflows) and it sounded like sex, but when I put the catted-X on, I felt MUCH better performance.

Everyone is pretty much right on with our systems. They are fairly mellow until you really step on it (aside from Magnapacks). The mufflers will get a bit throatier after they break in between 500-1000 miles or so.