Is mixing 1.7 and 1.6 RR with an E cam a good idea?

hear me out... have a set of 1.6 and a set of 1.7 RRs along with an E cam sitting around. With a set of GT40s (not P) and a gasket matched cobra intake.. would there an advantage that outweighs any disadvantage, to running a 1.7 on the exhaust and a 1.6 on the intake. This would take the specs from a .498 / .498 to a .498 / .529 (I can't figure out the math of duration impact but it feels like that wouldn't change)... I just have this stuff around, so it's free at this point

• Sponsors (?)

I am not as dismissive, as I don't know the rest of the motor combination they were installed into. My thoughts are if you already own them.. install them(yes, check for piston valve interference) you might need some pedastal shims to center up the contact patch, but hell they are cheap.

I recently installed some titanium retainers on a motor that probably will never rev past 6k (unless the 6AL fails) will I see any benefit? Not likely, but they have been sitting on one of my shelves for 12 years and they look PURDY installed.

I am not as dismissive, as I don't know the rest of the motor combination they were installed into. My thoughts are if you already own them.. install them(yes, check for piston valve interference) you might need some pedastal shims to center up the contact patch, but hell they are cheap.

I recently installed some titanium retainers on a motor that probably will never rev past 6k (unless the 6AL fails) will I see any benefit? Not likely, but they have been sitting on one of my shelves for 12 years and they look PURDY installed.

The difference is that he'll not only be using up one set, but two at the same time.

Might as well sell one set on ebay and re-coop a few bucks.