Is my 4.10's killing me on the street

I raced one from a 40 roll this weekend with a passenger and stayed about a fender up to 100 until he shut down. With the nittos I didnt spin or anything like I used to when I hammered it in second. I dont think it was a 01+ with the truck cam and ls6 intake but it was quick and had exhaust at least. It was an auto to.

Maybe some power shifting is instore for you Josh. ;)

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

My 02 Z28 with a automatic was turning 13.0 at 108 with a lid and cutout.4.10 helps but the auto dynoed 311 at the rears.Your gonna need a poweradder to run from a roll.Youll have better luck in the eighth mile(1 block),they are big back half cars.

I raced what looked to be a stock ls1 ss from a dig with the 410s and DR and I was able to put his front bumper to my rear bumper easy after that I stayed in front till I hit 3rd gear and then I shut it down because I knew he would have high end. We raced twice and the same outcome both times. Racing from a dig is a mustangs best bet. From a roll especially against a ls1 just isnt going to come out too well with are low high end.

Yeh. I didn't hook up as good as he did. I figure by hooking better with dr's I could pull a car length ahead in 1st. A little more hp and I could get him. I need more mod money so I can get into the engine to hang with the modded ones.

The guy in the ta was one of the best drivers I've seen. I've known him awhile. I'm good but hes perfect. I would have power shifted but my tranny is messed up so its being difficult into 3rd.

Thanks
Josh

If you are having tranny issues, then why not save the money to fix that instead of mods. Whats the point of adding power if you cant use it?

Oh when my nittos are cold, I can still spin them in first and second. It takes a few miles to warm them up so that when you drop the hammer in first they wont spin.

Nick

Man 4.10's are great, but not magical. Thats why I have a little shot of the giggle gas. And if that's not enough the truck can take it. :nice: :D

Do some more mods, pick up another 40hp and you will be able to take him from out of the hole or rolling. :nice: :nice:

never race a ls1 from a rolling start unless you car is pretty bad ass. thier problem is traction so you want to take advantage of that. don't race them past 115 or so. they have way more torque and will pull the higher gear better. if got you by 3cars rolling it would have been very close from a dead stop.

As stated above, the 4.10's HELPED you, not hurt you. And you simply just need more power to beat a car like that, even if you're somewhat modded and it's completely stock. Unfortunately, they just have more power. Ever think to try longtubes? I definitely gained a few horses from them. And since I don't remember what's in your sig, you could also try a chip. 4.30's would be a good street gear, too :nice:

Edit: Okay, I see you have a chip, so nevermind that.

going faster

I've raced a few LS1's from a dead stop and roll off. As far as power goes, I've been able to add about 30-35rwhp with bolt-ons, verified through a Mustang chassis-dyno. At the time I had all the bolt-ons in my sig, with the exception of 4.10's (@ the time 3.73's), no DR's, no adjustable shocks, and no drag launch kit(I had lowering springs which hurt, performance wise).

I raced a 2001 LS-1 automatic w/exhaust cutoff's. It was a guy that I had just met, and insisted on racing. I figured I'd beat him with my mods, so I agreed.

This was LATE at night, no traffic, at a stop light which turns into a highway with 3 wide lanes. I signaled, and waited for his car to start moving, once I heard his tires spin, I had it to 4000RPM and dumped the clutch out of the adrenaline rush which was beginning to set in. Even with this horrible launch, I was in front of him by half a car length, once we hit 3rd and going into fourth, his car began to pass me at a moderate speed. It ended with my fender about 5 feet from his bumper. I honestly think with my extra race suspension mods, Nitto DR's, my new 4.10's, and a nice slip-off the clutch, I have a much better chance at beating him now, but I'll never no until I race him again.

Off a roll, with a good down shift, the suspension and DR's always cause my car to jump right in front of them and keep pulling away from them enough to where they'll usually give up. They probably don't realize how much power they got at the end, I know eventually I'll be looking at their damn bumper (LS1), that's why I'm having my P.I. heads P&P/cammed. An extra 35-45hp added will DEFINITELY scare the hell out of most LS1 drivers, beat auto LS1's and give the manual cars a run they won't forget either. I prefer the mustang cause it's much more rewarding to beat several LS1's rather than an LS1 beating a mustang.
Sub frame connectors
Nitto 555R's (rear DR's)
Drag launch springs
Adjustable shocks
lightened front swaybar

MAC long tube headers
MAC Pro-chamber
Flow master catback
4.10 gears
Tri-Ax short shifter
Underdrive pulleys
K&N w/inlet pipe