is my car just slow?, or should it be faster than this?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Gtech meter, and it tells me the best I can go 0-60 in is 8.9 seconds, but that wasn't on a track. I didn't do a 1/4 mile run on public roads, and I'm not paying for a track run; I know my car is slow! My mods are Flowmaster true dual exhaust, BBK cold air, and a throttle body spacer. Did your timeslip give you a 0-60 time?

ZeroCulture said:
Are the 99+ atleast in the low 15's? I would think so. I really need to get mine to the track. I'm just waiting for a buddy of mine to get his Talon back together so we can go.

Yep, I ran a 15.3 with mine and at the time all I had done was a cai, msd wires, and a hurst shifter. I ran a 15.5 stock.

Yeah, your car is just slow. :rlaugh: Not to be an ass, but they only have something like 140hp and like 120rwhp... something around there. I'd get a supercharger if I were you or somekinda power-adder mod, that's really the only way you are going to hit 14 & 15 sec 1/4 mile times. Really am sorry to hear that you only pulled off a 17 sec. ouch. But keep practicing your 60' times, reaction times, get a few little mods here and there and you could drop a good second to second and a half off of your time. T-lok, Gears, Pulleys, and exhaust wiill be a good start, then you can go with a cam and ported heads. Right there that should be around 14s. www.rpm-mustangs.com Check out that link, they do great work and have a lot of good stuff.