Is Skateboarding a violent crime?

I have been on a skateboard a few times to try and learn... but I dont fit into the skater community, didnt like skateboarding, and have too much respect for older people to be one. Nothing against he kids who have fun, do it where they are supposed to, and dont have the poor attitudes... but not for me.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm like 25th, but I was heavly into skating, and very good at it, I just didn't fit in w/ all the others... I'm too "redneck" lol.

the kids were *******s.
the cop was an *******.
End of story.

if I was a cop and i told one of them to stop, even if it was to just warn them or tell them to be safe, and they didn't stop, those asshats would catch immortal hell.

I skated for years and have seen this plenty of times. I haven't seen anything quite this aggressive, but have seen some good mouth battles. Both party's are guilty. Usually, that always tends to be the case. A skater or group of skaters are in a restricted area and a cop tells them about it and attitudes take over from there. In this case, there honestly is no reason for the cop to be so overbearing. The kids are juvenilles and would've likely cooperated if the cop hadn't choked, strangled, headlocked, etc. That's just plain stupid. Even if he did issue a warning, there's simply no need for the actions taken.

SKATEBOARDING IS NOT A CRIME

FWIW, i believe the officer is on leave.

notice how it's a one sided story? the camera was turned on as soon as the officer got pissed. im sure these kids antogonized him and egged him on.

they broke a city / town ordinance and the cops were enforcing it.

would've been nice if a dash cam caught the whole thing and we got the WHOLE story.

Dash cam?

those looked like bike cops to me, they would have to have a handlebar cam, lol

that being the case, i can see why the cop was a dick. I would hate to train to be a cop, put all that time in, and when i finally become one, have the dept say, "here, use this mountain bike to enforce the law"

Both kids and cop acted inappropriately.

The kids are 13 of course they acted that way, they were prob scared to death. The cop shouldnt of acted that way at all, that was COMPLETELY uncalled for. Should of just asked them to leave. Headlocks? Grabbing their throats? Putting them on the ground? What abunch of crap, I hope that cop is fired or doing desk work for a LOOOOOOOOONNNNGG time.

My favorite part is at the end where the cop says "See the blood on my knee? That's battey!" YEAH FRIGGIN RIGHT! He fell when tackling a little kid with a skateboard. Extremely un-necessary. At the most he should have taken the boards away.

I have been on a skateboard a few times to try and learn... but I dont fit into the skater community, didnt like skateboarding, and have too much respect for older people to be one. Nothing against he kids who have fun, do it where they are supposed to, and dont have the poor attitudes... but not for me.

So since i ride a skateboard i have no respect for my elders? :rolleyes: i know whatcha mean man, im just messing with you.

So i guess it would be safe to say that all mustang owners are reckless drivers, organize illegal street races, and disobey traffic laws? Well, it HAS to be true, ive seen some do it :shrug:

I just hate being stereotyped with all the other skaters.

Just because im white doesnt automatically mean im a racist
Just because i drive an F150 doesnt make me a redneck,
And just because i ride a skateboard doesnt mean i destroy peoples property, or intentionally defy the law.

Just gotta love stereotyping. Those damn mustang owners with their street racing and burnout competitions. Those damn skateboarders with their graffiti.

It's rediculous. The kids should not have been skating there, but that gives the cop no right to act as he did. Removing the skateboards, issuing a citation or ticketing them would have been the proper course of action. As an officer he is supposed to "Protect and serve" and in that video I didn't see any protecting. The only serving I saw was when the cop SERVED the kids some handcuffs.

So since i ride a skateboard i have no respect for my elders? :rolleyes: i know whatcha mean man, im just messing with you.

So i guess it would be safe to say that all mustang owners are reckless drivers, organize illegal street races, and disobey traffic laws? Well, it HAS to be true, ive seen some do it :shrug:

And just because i ride a skateboard doesnt mean i destroy peoples property, or intentionally defy the law.

Stereotypes are there for a reason...

If you skateboard and dont fit the stereotype than more power to you. But because MOST skateboarders do, thats how they are viewed. if that bothers you, go out and try to change things, if not continue what you were doing.

it's not all of them but the bad ones tend to overshadow the good ones, just like everything else in the world

:stupid:

My juvenile delinquent skater son with a freshly broken arm (who, by the way, is the sweetest kid in the world. :D):
View attachment 379226
View attachment 379227
...and for those who stereotype skaters:
View attachment 379228
Yes, I'm a bad Mom. I told him to do that. :lol:

Them kids got SERVED, yo! :D (Or would that be "You just got F'ed in the A!")

I used to be a wannabe skater back in late junior high/early high school. Not a poser, of course - I wasn't just wearing the clothes/hair, I seriously was trying to get good at skateboarding - but between the podunk town I grew up in having nowhere to really skate (horrible roads and no sidewalks), the local fuzz being every bit as overbearing as the butthole in the video, and the fact that I just plain sucked at it (the only thing I ever got half-good at was the ol' Ollie), I just gave it up. Besides, it was about that point that I started getting all hardcore into martial arts, and that phase went on for a good 6+ years or so. (Wish I'd never gotten outta that ... and wish that I could afford to get back into it... :( )

Them kids got SERVED, yo! :D (Or would that be "You just got F'ed in the A!")

I used to be a wannabe skater back in late junior high/early high school. Not a poser, of course - I wasn't just wearing the clothes/hair, I seriously was trying to get good at skateboarding - but between the podunk town I grew up in having nowhere to really skate (horrible roads and no sidewalks), the local fuzz being every bit as overbearing as the butthole in the video, and the fact that I just plain sucked at it (the only thing I ever got half-good at was the ol' Ollie), I just gave it up. Besides, it was about that point that I started getting all hardcore into martial arts, and that phase went on for a good 6+ years or so. (Wish I'd never gotten outta that ... and wish that I could afford to get back into it... :( )

Dammit, you too? My first skateboard was a ****ty blue plastic one. :lol:

Without getting too into it........

First off, the video showed nothing of what the beginning of this was.

Secondly, if those punk kids would have just shut their mouths and not tried to be cocky little know-it-alls, they wouldn't be in that situation. I feel zero remorse for any of them. No one got beat, just arrested, not for skateboarding, but obstructing a peace officer. When an officer tells you to stop, you stop, when he tells you to be quiet, you be quiet.......it's REAL easy actually. I can tell you that if I was addressing a group of kids and asked them to stop so I could speak to them and the "ring leader" said "keep going guys, don't stop," I would be a little upset myself.

anyway, like I said, I don't want to get into it too far, it's not worth it....

Exactly. Yeah, the cop took it a little out of hand, but if they just shut their mouths in the first place instead of being the punk tough guys that they are, there wouldn't have been a problem.

I will say kids have NO respect these days. I would have never opened my mouth to an elder when I was 13. I would be too scared, and I am only 22. I guess it's all about how you are raised.

:hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

People need to listen to this guy, that is something that is lacking in todays society

The way i was raised, you did NOT walk into a house, building etc, without making sure someone else needed the door held open for them. You better use proper english when talking to your parents / grandparents, dont do anything to get in trouble with the law, if you do, own up to it and dont run back to your parents. Now, i wait to see if i get respect before i give it, but back then, you gave respect to anyone older than you. Hell, i held the door for my wife and 2 other people at blockbuster last night, and my wife just kinda rolls her eyes... i cant help it, it was instilled into me the whole time i was growing up. She does like that i open the car door for her though.... I dont know, i guess i just love to have fun, and ride a skateboard, but i also know when its time to be serious.

Frankie, Where did your son get that SKin Industries shirt? I have a black and white one with the stripper outlines on it, but i havent seen that one!

iI was raised the same way. If I take a girl out I get the car door for her, pull her seat out, and such. I hold doors for people coming and going to places, I rarely if ever use foul language when I am around older people who aren't using it themselves. I see 12-14 year old kids swearing and telling people to F off and it amazes me. I did not grow up in a bad, abusive, or even strict house, I grew up with parents who taught me well, and gave me enough things to keep me happy, but not spoil me to the point where I think I am someone who deserves to be treated like a king.

I am not saying all skaters have this mentality to go and be disrespectful little terrors... I am saying most kids have this mentality.

I think (it was late) I saw this on the news, the girl or one of the boys hit the fat a$$ cop with their board. The video doesn't show the whole story. Doesn't really matter tho, both sides are way in the wrong. Skaters will be skaters :rlaugh:

iI was raised the same way. If I take a girl out I get the car door for her, pull her seat out, and such. I hold doors for people coming and going to places, I rarely if ever use foul language when I am around older people who aren't using it themselves. I see 12-14 year old kids swearing and telling people to F off and it amazes me. I did not grow up in a bad, abusive, or even strict house, I grew up with parents who taught me well, and gave me enough things to keep me happy, but not spoil me to the point where I think I am someone who deserves to be treated like a king.

I am not saying all skaters have this mentality to go and be disrespectful little terrors... I am saying most kids have this mentality.

I agree 100% And i dont blame society, hip-hop music or anything else, i blame the parents.