Is the Driver's Front Seatbelt Defective or Not??

Eat more

I have this exact problem on my 98. Every couple of weeks, I have to mess with it for a while to get it to properly function again.

On a semi-positive and half disappointing note, I've noticed that as my stomach gets larger, I fill out the gap in the seatbelt better!

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe things start going out of whack on our Mustangs after they get in an accident and after they are repaired by a bodyshop. My Mustang has not been the same from the time I got it back from the bodyshop. It's got the headlight gap and a little bit of orange peel on the inside edge of the right fog light and inside the right edge of the air dam just next to the right fog light.
It's very hard to own a Mustang and have to live with these type of flaws. Especially when I've owned my Mustang for the last 5 years without having any headlight gap or orange peel problems with it.

I have the same seatbelt issues as well. My car has done it since I purchased it used in '04 (it's an '02). At that time the mileage was 15,500 miles. Now it's at 27,000 and it's still doing it.

My neighbour has the same car, same year and everything. He's got over 50,000 miles on it but it does the very same thing.