Is The SN-95 Stang Going To Be The Next Fox?

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
Sadly to say the SN-95 body style is going to be 13 years old. Do you guys think that the SN-95 stangs will become like the fox and not see that many really nice SN-95 Stangs?

• Sponsors (?)

What are you talking about?? I see 15-20 SN95's a day!

Tonight i pulled up next to the first 5.0 i've seen on the streets in about 2 months.

I love when i drive my 5.0 because you don't see them anymore. When i drive my '03 GT, it's only a matter of time before i pass another. If you wait long enough, i even see a few of the same color and wheels!

Mustang5L5 said:
What are you talking about?? I see 15-20 SN95's a day!

Tonight i pulled up next to the first 5.0 i've seen on the streets in about 2 months.

I love when i drive my 5.0 because you don't see them anymore. When i drive my '03 GT, it's only a matter of time before i pass another. If you wait long enough, i even see a few of the same color and wheels!

its not that i dont see them anymore its that everyone i see looks like a POS. Now all of the really nice stangs i see are always New Edge and 05'-07' stangs..... its a really good while that i see a really nice fox or SN-95 stang.

Us 2v kids are the bastard children of the mustangs full bolt-ons and we cant even get past 290ish 300? come on now you got 05+'s 3v strapping on an intake exhaust maybe a couple mild boltons and tune and pushing 340HP 350HP ...

2v = Red headed bastard stepchild.

5.0 forever.

Yes, I do Mr. Handz I think as years go by it will become
rare to see a pristine or mint SN95 car.I honestly see alot
more SN95 5.0's on the streets and highways than us SN95 4.6L 2V guys.
I think the 94-98 SN95 is the most stylish and tastefull of all the years! :nice:

One of the reasons you dont see many clean nice fox's on the street is because the ones that are clean and pristine for the most part arent daily drivers. The ones that arent so hot that are daily drivers look like they do cause the owners either dont care what they have or dont have the money to put into having them restored. and the rest have become race cars because the fox Mustangs are awesome for racing. Light body with a motor platform that pays huge dividends with a few bolt ons. The newest Fox 5.0 is 13 years old. How many super clean 13 year old cars do you see of any make on a daily basis? Camaros? Firebirds? Corvettes?even less. The Foxes are on they're way to collector car status. Times change, new body styles and younger drivers move car tastes into a totally new direction. All you have to do is check the magazine coverage. When the SN95 cars first came out, they had a few SN95's, but where for the most part predominately still Fox laden, then over time, that got reversed, and the same thing happened when the New Edge body style came out, and now look at a 5.0 Mag and you wonder why they even call it 5.0 anymore, nothing but 05 and up,cause thats the newest thing out . You see planty of SN95's on the road, but how many of those are 94-95 with 5.0's in em? About 80% of the ones I see are 96-up. Yes, the SN 95 will go the way of the Fox, but because it didnt have nearl the run that The 4eyes and Aeros had( Oh and by the way, if it werent for the 5.0 and Fox enthusiasts raising hell to Ford-what we know as the Probe was going to be the new Mustang in 1989) its probably going to be comparitively worse in the same time frame. Thats just the way it goes with cars.

i dont know why people say that 5.0's make cheap power. to get a stock 5.0 to 300rwhp you need heads, cam, intake, exhaust. to do that in a 2v you need cams, exhaust, tune, plenum and tb and pullies. add those prices up and they are pretty equal.

now you say you want to make big powr(450+), forged shortblock and a blower is all it takes with a couple of boltons on a 2v.

5.0s start to have issues here, most will hold but say hello to blown HGs, oil blowby from having an old asss motor so the dipstick shoots out oil and pcv blows out...so many little things. lhope you dont split the block

both cars are good platforms for modding, i think its funny to see people saying its so cheap to mod the 5.0 though.

Jackie Chan said:
both cars are good platforms for modding, i think its funny to see people saying its so cheap to mod the 5.0 though.

WHen parts break, it's cheaper to replace them on 5.0's vs the newer cars.

If i blow the T-5 in my 5.0 i can get another one for $200-300 or so.

If i blow my 3650 in my GT, i'm screwed for at least $1000.

Why i enjoy beating on my 5.0 at the track and try not to beat on my GT as much.

Parts, not necessarily mods, are cheaper on the 5.0.