Is The SN-95 Stang Going To Be The Next Fox?

• Sponsors (?)

urban96 said:
the 4.6 also starts out with 260HP vs the 5.0's rating of 215HP

Wrong... 4.6 started at 215hp for '96-'97, at 215. '98 @ 225hp and '99 stock 260hp. All 4.6 2v.

The '94-'98 model is the "Sting Ray" of the Mustangs. You can make them fast.

GDawg said:
Wrong... 4.6 started at 215hp for '96-'97, at 215. '98 @ 225hp and '99 stock 260hp. All 4.6 2v.

The '94-'98 model is the "Sting Ray" of the Mustangs. You can make them fast.

So, whats the deal...99-00 it's harder to make em fast? I had a 97, and I like my 2000 better...
Besides that, I'm kinda new to the mustang thing,,,still tryin to figure out sn195 or whatever...lol
or 3650 tranny? Thought it was a T-5...eesh, better get a haynes

s&k stangs said:
only difference between the 96-98 and the 99-04 was the P.I heads on the 99-04.add P.I heads to a 96 and you've got your 260hp, then your on an even plane.

cams and intake were a part of that package as well. Most of the HP comes from the PI cams

I see about 25 foxes a day not joking. But i dont think that they will be the next fox because the 5.0 is cheap to find and mod and they are all over.

Ever see the pinks where the guy says he has like 3k into his mustang on there and its super fast but looks like garbage. ( I see them all the time)

I dont think ive seen another 94-98 that was nice around me but mine.

I get lots of compliments on my car where i'm at.. i only know of 2 other modded sn95's in spokane.. excluding the guy who put a chevy 350 in his sn95... he sux

0816061238.jpg

Attachments

• 0816061238.jpg
    0816061238.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 51
Mustang5L5 said:
cams and intake were a part of that package as well. Most of the HP comes from the PI cams
I sit corrected. Maybe I was confusing the Cobra head replacement. I remember reading about the P.I heads as though hey were the only upgrade from 98 to 99. I missed something somewhere.

I think as the sn95's get a little older and time goes by i believe they will take on a little bit of a fox body tradition...... i probally see the same amount of NICE fox-bodies as SN95's around me, although most of the NICE foxes are being trailered. As for people i personally know, i know 3 NICE fox bodies and 2 NICE 99+ stangs.......I am the only person i know in my town that has a NICE 94-98.....???

BannonJr said:
So, whats the deal...99-00 it's harder to make em fast? I had a 97, and I like my 2000 better...
Besides that, I'm kinda new to the mustang thing,,,still tryin to figure out sn195 or whatever...lol
or 3650 tranny? Thought it was a T-5...eesh, better get a haynes

As long as the '96 thru '98 has NPI heads, mod for mod the '99+ will be a little faster. But once you even out the playing field with PI heads they are exactly the same for mod to mod upgrades.

I have a sweet looking car and can't drive it one day without someone complimenting it. I get young girls all the time yelling at me as I roll by as to how nice my car is. I get men all the time stopping me at the stores asking me about my car. But then, I've put a little money into "Wildfire"... ~$9,000 and I'm far from done. :D

H What 4.6 said:
, although most of the NICE foxes are being trailered.

That's because if some soccer mom in an SUV on a cell phone rear ends a Fox, it's not that easy to find a nice clean straight replacement. Plus the insurance company will only give you about $1500 and any minor fender bender over $700 totals out the car :nonono:

Around here in my area, I don't see any Fox bodies. I have seen a total of maybe 5 Fox body Mustangs within the last 3 months. These cars are not around here because most of them have been wrecked or rusted out. The few SN95 Fox bodies that I have seen around need a lot of work. They are all beat up.

I've ALSO noticed that there are not many of the WEDGE body shaped 99-04 Mustangs around here either. When I see a Wedged shaped 99-04 Mustang, it's usually a V6. Also, there are very few model year 2000 Wedge shaped Mustangs up here. Most of the Wedge shaped Mustangs that I see are mostly from the model years 2001-2004. I drive on the highway a lot and there are days that I may see 4 or 5 Wedge shaped Mustangs on the road and there are other days that I will not see any of them on the road. In the winter time, I may see 1 or 2 Wedge shaped Mustangs here and there. I see MORE of the 2005-2007 Mustangs on the road than I do the Wedged shaped 1999-2004 Mustangs. I don't know why?