Is there a big differnce in 4.10s and 3.73's

• Sponsors (?)

As far as 1/4 et's go, I dont think that there is any difference between the two. My thinking is that I already have traction problems with the 3:73's and it would only be worse with the 4:10's... However, I have never seen/heard of anyone putting in 4:10's and having regrets. I have seen people who had 3:73's and later went to 4:10's. Dont know about mpg... I have 3:73's because my car is my daily driver and I commute about 70-80 miles a day, no regrets here. I also would like to think that someday I will be able to afford a KB, and the 3:73's would be more well suited for that application.

if you want to go power adder... I would keep the gear stock... I had regret with 3:73's and went back to the stock gears. If you have enough tq, you won't need gears, they'll just cut on your traction.

get the 4:10s.....no debate at all here get the 4:10s....even with a power adder you can change the tire size and still be fine....nothing less than 4:10s on a 2v GT!

Cantslowdown said:
LOL 4.10s is as far as i want to go..I still want to get good mpg but want a good times in the 1/4..

4:10s you still still get good gas mileage calm down....most people get less gas mileage when they switch because of one reason....THEY CANT DRIVE AROUND EASY anymore when they have that extra accleration under their foot now.
My friend has the 4:10s in his GT and the gas mileage hasnt changed one bit since he drives it like a normal person everywhere.
In town you will probably be even better with gas since it doesnt take the car as much to go anymore....get the 4:10s man people who have wasted their hard earned cash on 3:73s regret it.

Outlaw97GT said:
You have much to learn....

Go with the 4.10's for your auto, You'll love them. I noticed very little difference in the fuel mileage. Well the first 2 weeks with 4.10's my mileage sucked, I blame my heavy size 13 Nike.

Haha exactly....I have been riding with a friend who drives the car very easy and mileage hasnt changed ...maybe slightly but not like some people are talking

I have 4.10's and an auto.

I Run 315X35X17 BFG's at the track. Lock out OD and you will still have plenty left when you cross the line.

4.10's cruising in OD
410%20at%2070.jpg

At the track
Time%20Slip%201-28-06.jpg

Attachments

• 410%20at%2070.jpg
    410%20at%2070.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Time%20Slip%201-28-06.jpg
    Time%20Slip%201-28-06.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 41
wow, why does the autp cruise at higher rpm's ? its a 4 speed right?

@ 2.5k rpms im at 82 mph in 5th gear.

Just curious, why would you want an auto for a sports car? i'm not trying to bag on anyone, im just curious. But then again i have always driven a stick...

if you plan to stay N/A buy the 4.10's like everyone else says.

I have 3.73's in mine and if i wasnt going to buy an s/c soon i would have taken these out and bought a set of 4.10's.