Is there a big differnce in 4.10s and 3.73's

I would do 4.10s with out a doubt. Even if you would throw a blower on your car the 4.10s will still work great. I did 4.10s and a tune for my first mods, and loved them. My car was supposed to stay pretty much stock but that didn't work out. I have an 04 Automatic with a Vortech and with the 4.10s the car was CRAZY! I would still have them now if I wasnt bouncing off my 6,700rpm rev limiter at 1000' mark.

I have 3.73s now and I can feel a slight loss but I think it is more noticeable on my car because my blower thrives on high rpms and the 3.73s take a little longer to get there.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got 4.10's on mine and love them. I've found that I can increase gas mileage by just dropping 5 mph off my highway driving. For instance I usually drive to work with the cruise set at 78. I get 20mpg. So recently I decided to drop it a bit and set at 72. I jumped up to 22mpg on one tank and generally around 21.5 most of the time. Doesn't seem like much until you consider I drive 150 miles round trip every day. Makes a big impact on my monthly gas bill.

gas mileage with 4.10s

Since this topic is changing to MPG, I was getting 19 mpg at 60mph on 87 octane with 4.10s I am getting 24.5 now with 91 octane. The cost is probably about even (maybe not now that prices have gone up) but I am going to keep it on 91. I can tell a difference in acceleration. feels like another 10 hp.