Is There A Use For A Wideband That You Can't Data Log With?

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
Just curious. A year back when one of my friends sold off his shop, he gave me a sniper AF 5000.
He lost the software disk and I can't come up with one.

I don't really need to use it, he did my explorer and mustang long ago.
But it's one of those things I keep moving around the garage but never do anything with.

I gotta assume not everyone data logs, but It sounds kinda nuts to me to go full throttle driving and try and read the gauge at the same time.

I called him to ask what the hell to do with it and he jokingly told me to get a go pro and point it at the gauge and tach and record, lol.

I connected it to a jump pack to make sure it still works.

So as I said in the title, does it really have any use?
Or is it one of those things that i'm keeping for no reason, with the reality being that if I wanted to know the a/f i'd have to get a new one anyway that has the logging software?

For the record, I tried getting the software directly from sniper, which I now think is owned by holley, they referred me to Daytona sensors who I think developed or helped develop it. But they had no interested in tech support for something made in 2007.

Attachments

• 20160802_172918_001.jpg
    20160802_172918_001.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 155
  • Sponsors (?)

At tunertools.com the newest kit version of that is $357. You could use that one to monitor AF....its worth something, but too much hassle in my opinion. Innovate has good sensor and guage kits cheap through diyautotune.com

Its good to be able to see how the engine is burning....like your friend said...point a go pro at it...or just point your phone and press record, lol.

Kinda what I figured, I know about many of the others on the market, thing is, I really don't need one at this point.
Must have moved this box around 20 times, getting tired of keeping things for the sake of having it, when they have little use to me.

My first thought when I removed it from the box was more trouble than it was worth.

Last edited:
idk, i plug in my sct every once in a while just to see what everything is doing and dont worry about the data logging..

Its nice to see what af is during different driving....while youre doing it...