Is There An Intake That Clears The Stock Hood Yet?

• Sponsors (?)

Stock STYLE, meaning cobra/explorer/gt40, tfs street/track heat, edelbrock performer/rpm/rpm2/victor (and the pro products copies), and holley systemax. The only thing that makes them not a direct bolt on in the 94/95 is they either need a throttle body adapter (commonly available ) or conversion to a fox-style throttle.

Sounds like he wants a sheet metal intake.

Never heard of a Pro Mod
with GT40P heads.

:think:

All the kids are doing it these days although there is some speculation that it can cause one to go blind. :O_o:

To the OP. Probably the best all around intake that you can get for that setup is going to be the GT40. Putting a box intake on that setup will not be an improvement in performance. You'll cut the nuts right off all your low and mid-range power and not have enough motor or cam to take advantage of the high end.

If it were me... I'd find a GT-40 tubular for a fair price, polish that bad boy and bask in my own good fortune. :D

Top.jpg

:drool:

The only other intake that will have better performance for your setup with the Ps is going to say Kenne Bell on it.

All the kids are doing it these days although there is some speculation that it can cause one to go blind. :O_o:

To the OP. Probably the best all around intake that you can get for that setup is going to be the GT40. Putting a box intake on that setup will not be an improvement in performance. You'll cut the nuts right off all your low and mid-range power and not have enough motor or cam to take advantage of the high end.

If it were me... I'd find a GT-40 tubular for a fair price, polish that bad boy and bask in my own good fortune. :D

Top.jpg

:drool:

The only other intake that will have better performance for your setup with the Ps is going to say Kenne Bell on it.

Or for about 1/4 the price, an Explorer intake. You will get nearly identical performance.

Reactions: 1 user
...and not ported. :O_o:
Sorry, those were two seperate thoughts:

1. Stock for stock, the explorer has a slight edge on the tubular. @tmoss could explain why, I'm simply regurgitating his information here.

2. The graphs were of ported lowers compared to other aftermarket intakes, which, if you play your cards right, could be had for half of the cost of a used HSII.

You might like this too:

AFMdynoCobra-Explorer-GT40.jpg

I should note that the Explorer intake does have a small advantage when properly ported but that the majority of the gain for any of these intakes is in the lower plenum.

Reactions: 1 user