is this a blown headgasket?

HarleyFordFan

Jan 4, 2004
i was at a friends wedding yesturday. from the church to the reception all the car club members were goofing around with our cars. i did and i shifted into second gear at about 5600 rpms on my autometer tach. and i heard a really loud backfire. i let off and continued to the recption. while there the groom asked me to do some crowd entertainment, so i did a nice decent line lock. i maintained the revs around 4500 rpms. i parked the car and let it idle for about a minute or 2 before shutting it off. later that night i drove home and the car was running rough and hot. i instantly thought maybe i blew the headgasket. i felt like i was running on 7 cylinders. i drove it about 7 miles. this morning i went out to inspect the damage. Radiator- empty. oil very thin, but no milkshake look, just very very runny. do you guys think i blew a headgasket or what else could i have done? can someone recommend a brand and part number?

• Sponsors (?)

iunfortunately i dont have a compession tester. i just went out to start my car for a moment and sure enough white steam is coming out of the tails... i just need to patch this back together untill the end of summer so i can drop the 331 stroker in that i am going to buy. i just cant afford that motor right now, not untill after basic training at least.

Id say definately a blown head gasket. My LX was over heating badly and running odd and I took it to my local shop and the mechanic said 2 words...Blown Head gasket. Therefor it has taken me a year to save for a totally new combo because if they take the heads off just to replace gaskets why not do a total new combo.

thats why i am just doing a ptch job. i dont wanna put alot of money into a 120,000 mile block. i just wanna do a quick headgasket job and get it running so i can later put a whole new long block 331 in the car