Is this a Good Deal for a 67 w/347 stroker

Looking at a 67 coupe with a 347 stroker that was balanced & blueprinted, 8" rear end, TCI C4 Tranny. Basically all engine parts,tranny,& rear end is all new. No more than 7 months old. The guy is asking $8500. Is this a reasonable deal. Car runs great, shifts great, power up the ***. Basically all the money was put in the engine & drivetrain.
Hot rod vehicles always are hard to judge in value, since you don't get what you paid for in building it. Would like some opininions if I should go for it.

• Sponsors (?)

It all depends how much you like it. Don't forget to look at the overall condition of the car, as there must be a reason he's selling. Repair costs, labor/parts, add up quickly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a stroked 347 is the maximum for a small block.

is the 347 by a reputable builder? Like 2nd said, how is the rest of the car? A monster engine in a ragged out POS car isn't worth that much.
I'd say if the engine build is relatively new, it runs good and clean, and the car itself is in good shape, then that is a good price. how is the suspension and brakes?? doesn't do you much good to have an engine like that in a platform which can't handle it. A good suspension and brake setup will run you a few more thousand.

Thanks for the input everyone. The engine & whole drivetrain is all new less than a year old. The story is he wants to sell because he feels it's money sitting in his garage now. Wants to buy a house, etc. This is apparently his fun car, so he doesn't drive it everyday anymore. Plus he says he's scared to leave it unattended anywhere.
It was built buy a shop that builds racing engines. It's probably the best engine bay I've ever seen. Body is in ok shape. Interior is decent. Trying to get him down a little more although I already got him to knock it down from $9800.

2nd Mustang said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a stroked 347 is the maximum for a small block.

Correcting. :D I have seen small blocks as big as 427ci before. Now, this was a chevy motor, but I know that you can get a 351W up to 393, and (correct me if I am wrong :) ) 351w's are concidered small blocks.

66 BLAKE 96 said:
LMAO!

No, the term "Jew them down" plays on a stereotype that Jews are cheap.
Some say that there is a grain of truth to most all stereotypes, but it still isn't very nice.

They are not cheap so much as good with money. Anyone here who watches Family Guy knows what I am talkin about. :D