Is this enough clearance? (pics)

91BlckGT

Founding Member
May 24, 1999
in a van, down by the river
Hi.

I put 275/40 DR's on the back, but decided to be crazy and leave my quad shocks on. They clear... But barely.

I've got about 1/4" between the rim and the quad, and about 1/2" from the tire to the rear pipe (it's a Flowmaster 2.5")

Now, I've got steeda LCA, and Ford HD uppers with Steeda bushings. Is this going to be enough to control side-to-side deflection, or am I pretty much screwed and will have to remove the quads?

clearance%20-pipe.jpg
clerance%20-%20quad.jpg

This pic doesn't have anything to do with the question, but I think it looks cool. Good shot of the new rears.

back%20caliper.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

damn im gonna guess that there baers?! Anywho if you dont have many passangers when you drive (if any) then you should be good. Maybe a scrap here and there but other then that you should be good.

Are those 5 lug Baer Brakes? I ask because I am wondering how much longer the rear axles are. I have Cobra discs out back with 5 lug Ranger axles and my 245 45's are pretty close to the body. Just wondering if I should buy custom length axles or not to fit a wider tire on my hog.

have you tryed fliping the quads upside down?

Actually, they are already flipped. They would hit already if they werent. Also, the clearance might be better when I get the car down on wheels.

damn im gonna guess that there baers?!
Yes, they are. ;)

how much is ur car lowered...id love to have 275's inmy rear!
1 1/4" front, 1" rear. But the car is a stripper. No rear seat, racing seats inside. I had about 2" of gap on the old tires. I will still have to roll the rim though, because the tire sticks out the side.

your just showing off your sweet looking disc brake setup..
Why yes, yes I am!

Are those 5 lug Baer Brakes? I ask because I am wondering how much longer the rear axles are. I have Cobra discs out back with 5 lug Ranger axles and my 245 45's are pretty close to the body. Just wondering if I should buy custom length axles or not to fit a wider tire on my hog.

Yes, they are the 5-lug Baer's. I bought custom Moser 5-lug axles, which retained the stock track width in the rear. That way I could use the same wheels all around (even though I have different size tires). I you used ranger axles (assuming you got the right side ) you should be able to cram 275's under. It's the biggest size you can fit a on fix w/o major changes, but they do fit quite nicely.