is this enough for 275 hp.

dastang2 said:
i know they a different intake would help and the cam is not a great one but i got it cheap and any cam is better than the stock one. i also plan on having the intake ported to match the heads, the runners are much smaller than the heads. i want to get as close to 300 as i can without rebuilding the motor or putting a blower or spray. what cam will help me out to put me closer.
Stock cam is actually not bad as stated above, however thumpers combo's with an alpha cam have run 12 second passes. You should be looking for a good combination that makes power where you drive...not focusing on a HP number. If you a street driver I see the thumper Ecam as a nice combo, hell even the stock cam would be excellent with your heads. Making 300 to the wheels is not always as easy as the internet makes it out to be with an N/A 302/306 with reasonable compression...hell the majority of AFR-FTI cam-Eddy RPM intakes dyno at JUST at, or more often under 300, as do the TFS kits, as did my combo. If you want higher HP power you need to spend the money on the right parts (all of them) to accomplish your goal.

• Sponsors (?)

5ive.oh said:
Might as well jump on the wagon here and ask. I am getting a new shortblock, with ported GT40P heads, 1.7 RR's, Longtube headers, flowmaster exhaust, weiand stealth intake, edelbrock 600 carb, stock cam. Would that net around close to 300, and what torque#'s? No power steering, electric fan.
Same numbers as the original poster...porting is a funny word...might say some is definatly better than others, and EVERYONE says theirs is excellent...250-260 would be my guess

ditch the torker junk intake and get a Performer RPM or RPM Air-Gap.

As for results....

My old ocmbo was 302 w/.040 shaved E7's STOCK PORTS, Lunati 51014 cam (nearly the same as TFS Stage 1), shorties with Bassani Offroad X, Cobra intake, 70mm TB, 24# injectors.

with FP set at 37PSI and itming at 16* on 93 octane I dyno'd 243RWHP and 297 RWTQ. A/F ratio was at 13:1-13:6. I didnt fatten it up as that was prime for N/A.

It consistantly laid down 238-242 RWHP on 3 previous dyno pulls but that urn I let it cool down for 10-15 minutes while I was checking plugs and heating my bottle for a Nitrous pull.

I say youll see 260RWHP or so. goodl uck!

thanks, i guess it's not too bad, i don't know because its the fastest thing i will have driven besides the c5 vette but that was years ago. i wouldn't remember. as of now, i think it will be the most powerful car on the road where i am located at. i want to put a roots style blower on it, how much would that net me. i forgot to mention that i have no AC, not decided on the power steering yet, electric fan,aluminum DS and radiator. lost weight on the front end.