Is this motor worth more then 5000? HURRY

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
I just wanted to know if this thing is worth more then what it is up too?

I figure the heads are worth 1000 the blower a 1000 the short block maybe another 1000

IS there another 2000 in it?

Thinking about bidding... So please hurry

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33615&item=2452523095

ec_1.JPG

Attachments

• ec_1.JPG
    ec_1.JPG
    1.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Sponsors (?)

im trying to find that out right now... I am the one who broke the reserve on it and im having second doubts... I have emailed and called and still haven't gotten a responce yet...

As far as cash flow its going to take me 6 months to pay it off

I just talked to the guy on the phone and he said its been in his car for less then 200 miles.. everypiece on it is brand new. It was in a street car and not a drag car.

Said his wife couldn't handle the power and that he is just going to put a 351 back in the car...

Said it had unbelieveable power.. The interenalls are all forged except for the pistons.. he said he's got probably 10 G's in it.. Im not going to bid anymore but i think i can live with paying 5 for it... I might just put some low compression forged pistons in and see what she could do...

I got an idea. Buy the motor and give it to me. That way there will be 2 11 second stangs representing the IL.

EDIT: Ummm Yeah, since I just now looked at the auction, howabout I do a little sacrifise. Ill give you my motor to sell and trans maybe, then you give me your 331w/ blower. And you take the blown 418. :shrug:

Deal. :p

10 second car?!?!?! hardly, a pro-built 418 alone is a 10 second car. But with that blower its 9's baby!!!!!! I would defintely but it. A 418 would cost way more then 5g's to build and then to forge it all and add a blower! It'll be insane. get it.

I sent him an email and asked him all the specifics... Here is what i got back...

Hi,

I had the engine built by Hawaii Racing. The crank is a forged crank
and the rods are forged H Beam. I do not know the name of the
manufacturer as I left the parts purchases up to the speed shop. The
block was a '69 351 block with was gone thru. It was line bored and
decked and it was deck plate bored and honed. Rods have full floating
wrist pins. The heads are the twisted Wedge heads and you are right the
injectors are SVO 42#. There is NO stud girdle on the bottom end. The
Cam is an SVO "X" hydralic roller cam. It come with a forged steel, sfi
certifed, it is produced by Center Force Clutch Company. It also has
1.6 SVO Roller Rocker Arms. The blower was bought as a freshly rebuilt
unit. Horsepower was estimated by Nelson Racing how did the final
tuning on the car.

How tough is a 69 block? I still don't know why they used hyp. pistons?

If I were you, I'd just take off the supercharger, sell that. Then drop that 418 into your 94. That should be more than enough power. Should be quicker than your 331/S-trim combo. Then proceed to blow up your stock tranny. I don't know what you'd do with the 331 and the S-trim....damn you might make money on the deal if you do things right.

Jake

Just some quick #'s for you. Some of my 418 $'s
Machine work=$1200
69 block was free from step father
Rotating assembly all eagle 4340 w/custom je slugs=$2300
Tfs "R" heads=$1490
probe girdle,ATI balancer,billet flywheel,canton pan,=$1100

You get the point, you just bought all that and then some for alot less, but dont know who and exactly what went into it :shrug: Good luck man, let us know how you make out :nice:
mike

why hyper pistons though :nonono: