Is this normal? *pic inside*

My bro and I went to look at a fox today and granted I havent owned a fox in a few years, but I dont remember the inner fender looking like this. Its the driver side inner fender right in front of the shock tower. Is this factory? the car was repainted at some point and had the windshield replaced aswell. Could it possibly have been wrecked and then repaired?

truckstang090.jpg
truckstang092.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The pass side is the same as the driver side, it has the same bow to the frame rail but looks much better. The owner told me it was repainted before he took ownership. One thing I noticed is that whoever painted it painted over the vin stickers on the fenders, but strangely enough the vin stickers on the trunk are fine. This leads me to believe the front clip may not be original. It just sucks because the car is insanely clean. Most of the pics Ive seen have the frame rails in that area straight like in this pic.

dsc01559bo.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You know what I do for a living right? The reason that those are welded there is because the car has been in an accident. The rails were either swayed over one way or the other or they were pushed up or down. A couple of my cars were like that. You can either replace it or straighten it. Even if you straighten it to a "T" the metal is still stretched. You'd be surprised how little of an accident it takes to do that too.

How'd the car look otherwise?

You know what I do for a living right? The reason that those are welded there is because the car has been in an accident. The rails were either swayed over one way or the other or they were pushed up or down. A couple of my cars were like that. You can either replace it or straighten it. Even if you straighten it to a "T" the metal is still stretched. You'd be surprised how little of an accident it takes to do that too.

How'd the car look otherwise?

Yea thats what I thought. Thanks for your expertise. The car was near mint, I prolly would have bought it on the spot if it wasnt for that damage.